• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Perry Sound Ontario Canada

Bcsmith

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello NC riders. Today I went for a ride with a dozen other riders and we were a mismatched group of different bikes. We started off at a meeting spot and headed out with our leader taking the back way to his childhood town. What a scenic ride. Left from farm land straight into the Canadian Shield which is nothing but bush, rivers, lakes, rocks and some of the best winding roads to be found. Roughly 140 miles or 225 kilometres. We stopped for lunch at a craft brewery in Perry Sound right across the road from Bobby Orr’s childhood home. The view of the water was fantastic. During lunch the conversation turned to the costs of operating our bikes. Well to make a long story short my NC750 was overwhelmingly the cheapest to operate. Everything from initial cost $7100 Canadian brand new or $5375 in US dollars. My insurance is only $800Canafian per year. My maintenance is near nill as I have only 6000km on bike since purchasing this spring and the final thing was my 65 miles per gallon. I have even managed to go over 400km on a single tank of gas. Well there was nothing in the crowd that could even come close to the economy of this bike. So proud of my NC today it performed flawlessly!!!

As been said countless times before; this thread is worthless without pics!

I haven’t been to Canada in several years. In my teens my family drove up to visit mom’s best friend in BC from Oregon.

We stopped at several fly fishing spots along the way and finally at their family farm/ranch. The views were stunning and the landscape rich with diversity.

Your trip brought back fond memories and I had hoped you snapped some shots of your route...at least of the motley crew of bikes?!?!

Happy 2021 and happy riding!

A bit late of a response, but, I'm glad to hear your enjoying the NC. On AdvRider the NC series gets bashed about for having poor "roll-on" acceleration from 80 - 100 mph in top gear. LOL, there's much much more to motorcycling than "studly" antics. Or, how about downshifting, again.....lol. Ride on

Back