• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Peterson Automotive Museum Exhibit Features “The Most Innovative Electric Motorcycles Ever Made”

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you’ve ever checked out the moto community’s newer EV offerings, you’ve probably fast realized that electric machines are the cutting-edge of the current functioning motorcycle industry.

So what happens when someone takes a hot topic like EV transport and gathers up the best of the best?

Whatever the end result, it’s guaranteed to be an eye-opener – and judging from a recent press release sent late last night, it’s going down as the central attraction for the Peterson Automotive Museum as of April 12th.

A view of the electric motorcycle offerings that will be made available in the new 'Electric Revolutionaries' exhibit at the Peterson Automotive Museum this April 12th

“The Petersen Automotive Museum’s latest exhibit will feature a multitude of the most innovative electric motorcycles ever made by cutting-edge designers,” states the report from the museum.

“Opening to the public on April 14, 2022, in the Richard Varner Family Gallery, the unique ‘Electric Revolutionaries’ collection is an exclusive look at the ground-breaking creations of the visionaries at the forefront of the ever-expanding electric motorcycle industry.”

Below is a short and sweet homage to some of the machines that were herded up for the exhibit:

A view of the KillaJoule - created by Eva Hakansson and her hubby.

‘KillaJoule’​

She’s the beastie that made female land speed racer, Eva Hakansson, the fastest woman on an electric motorcycle.

Built by Hakansson and her hubby on a modest budget at home, the KillaJoule flew the gal to a top speed of 240.7 mph.

Yay, and yikes.

A view of Solar Scooter and Solar Rickshaw, created by a Ghanaian teenager named Samuel Aboagye

‘Solar Scooter’ and ‘Solar Rickshaw’​

Created by a Ghanaian teenager named Samuel Aboagye, this scooter and rickshaw combo stands for every scrap of your faded elementary imagination that wanted to make cool stuff from discarded scraps, for free.

Don’t think it’s possible? That’s exactly what this dude did with the ‘Solar Scooter’ and ‘Solar Rickshaw,’ creating scoots out of scraps that were tossed away or recycled.

As they say, one man’s trash…

A view of the One, by Curtiss Motors

‘The One’​

Built by Curtiss Motors, ‘The One’ makes its global debut at the Peterson Automotive. Conceptualized in the thinktank of JT Nesbitt, this particular machine shows of genetics typically only found in the four-wheeled, hypercar corner. We covered this beauty back in May when it first grabbed our attention.

We gusta.

A view of the electric motorcycle offerings that will be made available in the new 'Electric Revolutionaries' exhibit at the Peterson Automotive Museum this April 12th

All told, over 25 unique custom electric motorcycles will be present at the exhibition, with the lineup curated by Motor/Cycle Arts Foundation Co-Founder Paul d’Orleans.

“I’m super excited to assemble this wildly diverse collection of EV pioneers,” says the man himself.

“’Electric Revolutionaries’ really does represent the range of interest in an electric future, from a humble teen in Ghana making EVs from scrap, to genius artisans building conceptual and boundary-pushing designs, to speed demons and global superstar designers interested in pushing mobility into the green zone.”

“’Electric Revolutionaries’ is produced by the Motor/Cycle Arts Foundation and Sasha Tcherevkoff, with support from LiveWire and Damon Motorcycles as a contributing sponsor.”

Tickets include:

• Access to the second floor of the museum
  • Complimentary parking
  • Access to the electric show on P3
  • Food and Drink (21+) (first come, first served)

If you’re wanting tix, call 323-930-CARS or visit www.petersen.org.

For other stories like this, be sure to subscribe to our kickass newsletter, Behind the Visor (I can only promote the awesomeness of this newsletter so much, guys. Just sign up and see for yourself…trust me, it’s worth it.)

Drop a comment letting us know what you think, and as always – stay safe on the twisties.

*Media sourced from the relevant press release, as well as BBC and the Peterson Automotive Museum*​

The post Peterson Automotive Museum Exhibit Features “The Most Innovative Electric Motorcycles Ever Made” appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

I was in the market for an E-motorcycle, but the entire industry are just shitty.

Half the bikes are indie-gogo type scams with pre-orders for bikes that never get released, and the ones that do have their makers lie through their teeth on the specs.

The bike will go 80 MPH! The bike will go 80 Miles on a single charge! But the bike will not go 80 MPH for 80 miles on a single charge. It will go 80 mph for a mile, or 80 miles at a walking pace if ridden by a 50 pound child.

And finally there is Zero. We will sell you a bike but software lock much of the capability and force you to pay DLC like an EA game to use the full capability of the battery you are already lugging around.

I figure we have another decade until we start seeing realistic E-motorcycles.

I was in the market for an E-motorcycle, but the entire industry are just shitty.

Half the bikes are indie-gogo type scams with pre-orders for bikes that never get released, and the ones that do have their makers lie through their teeth on the specs.

The bike will go 80 MPH! The bike will go 80 Miles on a single charge! But the bike will not go 80 MPH for 80 miles on a single charge. It will go 80 mph for a mile, or 80 miles at a walking pace if ridden by a 50 pound child.

And finally there is Zero. We will sell you a bike but software lock much of the capability and force you to pay DLC like an EA game to use the full capability of the battery you are already lugging around.

I figure we have another decade until we start seeing realistic E-motorcycles.
I agree that most all range and speed claims from electric motorcycle manufacturers are incomplete and seemingly intentionally very misleading, especially to the buyer that doesn’t know the reality of batteries and motors and aerodynamics, etc. Zero was at least honest about specifying their range @ mph. What Zero claimed in their specs turned out to be accurate for the Zero model I purchased.

I was also wary of the common internet deals with no dealer network, but I have a real Zero dealer with an honest, knowledgeable owner about an hour’s drive from me.

As for my 2021 Zero DSR model, which runs on the Cypher II operating system, I am not aware of any software games to unlock any specified battery capabilities, but perhaps Zero is heading in that direction going forward with their Cypher III based models.

Honda and the other big Japanese makers are way late to the electric motorcycle game (given that Zero is in about their 16th year now), but I hope once they get on board, the electric motorcycle/scooter marketing and products will be solid and dependable.

Yeah, it's the new Cyher III. They are now doing DLC. So you buy the bike and have to pay extra to unlock the full capability the bike has. They say it's to make the bike more affordable, but you are still lugging around god knows how many pounds of battery you are not allowed to access. That's the problem. With any motorcycle, weight has a cost, but it's even more important on electric bikes.

If they were talking about heated grips, fine. But they are locking away 20% of the battery and fast charging. Nope.

Ther
Yeah, it's the new Cyher III. They are now doing DLC. So you buy the bike and have to pay extra to unlock the full capability the bike has. They say it's to make the bike more affordable, but you are still lugging around god knows how many pounds of battery you are not allowed to access. That's the problem. With any motorcycle, weight has a cost, but it's even more important on electric bikes.

If they were talking about heated grips, fine. But they are locking away 20% of the battery and fast charging. Nope.

There’s nothing new about that type of multi-tiered model/feature marketing. On the products I used to service when I worked, the product features and maximum performance were already baked into the base equipment. The customer would pay another $50,000 or whatever, and I‘d come in with a software key and enable the feature or upgrade the performance, just like that.

I don’t like it, but it doesn’t surprise me that Zero might do it, due to the nature of their product.

Back