• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

PGMFI light just came on

I had this problem today. Jumped on the forum to see your replies. Went out to the bike after it sat for about 2.5 hrs., started to remove screws to get to the battery, wife called for lunch, after lunch turned key to on position, engine light was on and then went off. Went for a 20 mile ride, light did not come back on. I said "Thank you Lord" and I had a better day.

Well, knock on wood, it's been 7 rides and over 300 miles since the PGMFI light came on and went out again. I haven't done a thing to the bike other than ride it. The battery still reads good at 13.0V with a digital gauge after sitting over night., and 12.5 when I turn on the key, and charging at 14.2-14.6 while running.

Assuming at this point it was some kind of anomaly, but will keep an eye on it, and report back if it comes on again.
For heaven sakes, just tighten the battery bolts. So easy to do.

In the old days (2012-2015) one could lower the side stand with the transmission in neutral and the engine running, and the light would flash out the fault code. A quick look in the setvice manual would tell what the fault was. I understand that feature no longer exists on later models. Good luck with dealer. Report back.
Starting with 2016, you need to short two pins in the diagnostic connector, or use the special Honda tool (which is just a mating plug with a wire connecting two of the terminals). See https://www.nc700-forum.com/threads/honda-scs-service-connector.609/post-246980

Back