• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

PGMI Light

Les1

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, I`m new to this site. I have a problem regarding NCX 750 DCT pgm-fi light which came on Saturday and never went off. I`ve fully charged the battery but the light stays on. any help would be extremely appreciated.

Why did you start another thread stating exactly what your other thread from a few days ago said? If forum members weren't able to answer it then, it is unlikely posting it again will have any different results.

Why did you start another thread stating exactly what your other thread from a few days ago said? If forum members weren't able to answer it then, it is unlikely posting it again will have any different results.

Because before I posted it under nc700 insteadof nc750. Wasn’t sure if I’d did i it right as I’m new to this site

Have you attempted to read the code with the side stand method described in the other thread? Without a fault code, we would all be stabbing in the dark looking for the reason for the fault light. Besides ensuring that the battery is good and charged, random guessing about the fault would be a waste of time.

Last edited:
I recently had the PMG fault light come on , I contacted my local Honda dealer who suggested that I complete 3 engine cycles of cold to hot cool down cold to hot etc. if that didn't cure it it was a " hard " fault .
It didn't , I took the bike to them , they found a front to rear wheel rotation fault ! This was my fault as I'd run the bike on the center stand in gear !
It was a " safety " fault which could not be cleared by the " 3 cycle " method !
Derek
2019 NC750x dct

I recently had the PMG fault light come on , I contacted my local Honda dealer who suggested that I complete 3 engine cycles of cold to hot cool down cold to hot etc. if that didn't cure it it was a " hard " fault .
It didn't , I took the bike to them , they found a front to rear wheel rotation fault ! This was my fault as I'd run the bike on the center stand in gear !
It was a " safety " fault which could not be cleared by the " 3 cycle " method !
Derek
2019 NC750x dct
That’s exactly what I did, run on the centre stand, my light went off eventually. Did the dealer reset yours? Thanks by the way Derek

That’s exactly what I did, run on the centre stand, my light went off eventually. Did the dealer reset yours? Thanks by the way Derek
Yes they said that as it was a " safety " fault it would not go out by it's self !
I had [ previous to the light coming on ] disconnected the lamba plug lead to make it easier to fit a different horn , and had switched the ignition on and off to test the horn for operation , that's what I thought had brought the light on ! but the dealer said that fault would have cleared after 3 cycles !
How did you know what had brought your light on ?
regards Derek

Yes they said that as it was a " safety " fault it would not go out by it's self !
I had [ previous to the light coming on ] disconnected the lamba plug lead to make it easier to fit a different horn , and had switched the ignition on and off to test the horn for operation , that's what I thought had brought the light on ! but the dealer said that fault would have cleared after 3 cycles !
regards Derek
As you said yours had been on centre stand in gear, I had also had mine gear on centre stand and we got the same fault

regards Derek
I just did the same thing with my 2016 NC700X DCT when I was cleaning my chain. Is there any problem with running it with the PGM-FI light on until I can get it to the shop? I just rode it for about a half hour and everything seems fine.

Back