• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Phone mounts

... I much prefer the solid connection of the Quad Lock.
Ditto. I've not found anything better or more secure. One hand operation for convenience. Quad Lock for the win.

As I previously noted, mine is mounted for navigation, so pocket carry for me is not viable, even using the 'turn by turn' audio through a headset because sometimes a visible cue from a nav screen is required to explain a confusing set of instructions.

Just upgraded my ancient iPhone 8 to a new iPhone 12 ... yes, I know there is an iPhone 13 available too, but ATT didn't want to give me any trade in value for the 13 but gave me $$$ for my old 8 if I bought a 12. So being the cheap bastard that I am, I now have the 12.

Have a new Quadlock case on order. Also ordered the anti-vibration mount as the newer model iPhones have cameras that seem to vibrate apart. The $19.95 for the anti-vibration mount seems like a good investment.

Quadlock is the best system that I have found.

True 1 hand operation (even with motorcycle gloves on your hand). Honest to goodness secure mount without rubber bands or any other gimmicks. Quadlock is secure and works as advertised, maybe better than advertised.

I am cheap when it comes to paying big ? bucks for some plastic.
I have a Garmin GPS and Iphone8. I bought a bicycle mount that fits
the smaller Garmin ball, it also has the stretchy rubber corner grippers. I swap the
mount between my two motorcycles. I can mount either the Garmin or phone.
I used someone else's BMW and he had one of those X spring brackets, I hit
a hard bump in Maine and my phone popped out but I caught it midair. lol !

I am cheap when it comes to paying big ? bucks for some plastic.
I have a Garmin GPS and Iphone8. I bought a bicycle mount that fits
the smaller Garmin ball, it also has the stretchy rubber corner grippers. I swap the
mount between my two motorcycles. I can mount either the Garmin or phone.
I used someone else's BMW and he had one of those X spring brackets, I hit
a hard bump in Maine and my phone popped out but I caught it midair. lol !
If you have the correct X-Grip for the device in use it will not allow the phone to pop out when you hit a bump, at least in my experience. Maybe I just haven't hit that bump yet.

The other guy's BMW R1000 is fitted correctly. It was a very sharp
, hard bump on a back lane (frost heaves, stone) . The iPhone had a
plastic protector on it , slightly grippier .

I recently installed the Quad Lock mount with vibration dampener to an accessory bar that is attached to the windscreen mounts. Anything I attach to the accessory bar tends to vibrate quite a bit so I worried about damaging my phone camera. I compared the vibration of the phone using the Quad Lock (with vibration dampener) and using the Ram X-Grip and found that the Quad Lock reduced the large amplitude vibrations felt by the phone.

Attachments

• vib.PNG
    vib.PNG
    90.9 KB · Views: 13
for what it's worth, you should engineer a "hood" around right left top sides so that it shields the thing from the sun. There's no point in mounting it if you can read it in bright sunlight.

I'm posting pictures of the one I made for GPS. It's a cell phone with NO Sim card, and it runs tom tom.
I'll post this then edit it. (it's been a long time since I posted on this board)
There's more text below all the pictures!
RAM_131309a.jpg
as seen when I ride...

RAM_131317a.jpg
right side

RAM_131325a.jpg
top view

RAM_131332a.jpg
left side

RAM_131339a.jpg
bottom

the ball mount will mount with the usual ram parts. Mine is connected to the handlebars with a very short RAM connector.
The bendy wire stuff is used to shape the hood when I ride...It lets me bend the plastic as needed for max shade and max view.
I've mounted the garage door opener on the top.
the bendy wire also secures the phone on the top and bottom. It's convenient and cheaply replaced.
the bendy wire near the power connection lets me velcro the power wire (usb) onto it so that it's not easily stressed or pulled off on the road. the black plastic I use all is cut from a single "rubbermaid" brand trash can. (hardware store).

Last edited:
I am a total convert to Quad Lock for cell phone mount.
The basis for all of the best mounts is the fabulous Ram mount system.
They both can live in the same ecosystem.
Fwiw - Charlie Boorman uses the quad lock and in an interview said he used it when he had his near fatal crash several years ago. He was crushed but his phone was unharmed. I still don’t own one but I’m thinking about it.

Boorman: “And then I had this huge crash in 2016. This massive crash where I destroyed my legs and took about two years or so to learn to walk again. And funnily enough, because we're talking about a Quad Lock, but I had a Quad Lock on that crash, and it was the new Tiger 1200 is what it was. And we were doing this launch with all the press, the world's press were there. I think there was an Aussie press guy there on the day that I crashed, and I totally destroyed the bike. I broke it into three pieces, and it took them two hours to find the rear wheel. The rear wheel had bounced down the road into someone's garden. But the Quad Lock was absolutely fine. My phone was intact.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fwiw - Charlie Boorman uses the quad lock and in an interview said he used it when he had his near fatal crash several years ago. He was crushed but his phone was unharmed. I still don’t own one but I’m thinking about it.

Boorman: “And then I had this huge crash in 2016. This massive crash where I destroyed my legs and took about two years or so to learn to walk again. And funnily enough, because we're talking about a Quad Lock, but I had a Quad Lock on that crash, and it was the new Tiger 1200 is what it was. And we were doing this launch with all the press, the world's press were there. I think there was an Aussie press guy there on the day that I crashed, and I totally destroyed the bike. I broke it into three pieces, and it took them two hours to find the rear wheel. The rear wheel had bounced down the road into someone's garden. But the Quad Lock was absolutely fine. My phone was intact.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gee, is it possible that maybe just maybe Charlie was doing a wheelie when he crashed? He must have done 200 wheelies in the Long Way series. I'm sorry to hear he had such a bad crash...he seems like a good dude. Glad he has recovered.

I had this mount from another bike, but it works good on my NC. It puts the phone in a good place (less glare) with minimal vibration. I originally had it on the Madstadt bar but the vibration & glare was too bad.
1651609448215.png

Back