• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Photo's from Advanced Control Skills Class

potter0o

Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
227A2223.jpg
Advice on grabbing wider on the grips for more leverage on slow speed controls
227A2319.jpg
Push steering avoidance - peg scraped on one of the passes
227A2380.jpg
Look before you go
227A2425.jpg
Using the available space in a circle - knowing where the front tire is
227A2427.jpg
A bit more speed and confidence makes the bike more stable
227A2465.jpg
More complicated exercises - properly executing first turn to properly set up for the next
227A2703.jpg
Back shot - 5'6" 177lbs >.<
227A2893.jpg
Class photo - always impressed by Harley Riders working on skills as I don't see much on the road
227A2928.jpg
Instructor demoing exercise on a "small" bike

Great photos and comments! Thanks for sharing. Looks like time well spent.

Is this training from Lee Parks? Looks like super fun!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

No, they don't offer those classes in my area. Looks like there are some similarities. I am trying to do some rider training every year. This is my second class with this school. There is a nice feeling of accomplishment when you are able to complete the exercises easily at the end of the class after struggling in the beginning. Not sure what will happen with the school as it seems like there are planning to take a break for next year.

Got a tip on a dirt class for next year which I am really looking forward to. Practicing with a bike where the tires move and slip around on the surface seems like it would be a good think to experience as a road rider. Wish there were more classes available in my area.

No, they don't offer those classes in my area. Looks like there are some similarities. I am trying to do some rider training every year. This is my second class with this school. There is a nice feeling of accomplishment when you are able to complete the exercises easily at the end of the class after struggling in the beginning. Not sure what will happen with the school as it seems like there are planning to take a break for next year.

Got a tip on a dirt class for next year which I am really looking forward to. Practicing with a bike where the tires move and slip around on the surface seems like it would be a good think to experience as a road rider. Wish there were more classes available in my area.

Is this with Advanced Rider Training ?

Did you or anyone else in the class drop your bike - I really want to take an advanced riding course and am looking at one of the first springtime offerings, but I am scared of using my bike and risking it.

Last edited:
Is this with ss_site_title — Coming Soon ?

Did you or anyone else in the class drop your bike - I really want to take an advanced riding course and am looking at one of the first springtime offerings, but I am scared of using my bike and risking it.

Mine was done with a local school: Roadcraft Motorcycle Academy | Advanced motorcycle training—helping riders reach the peak of their potential

I'm a firm believer in doing training locally where possible. You can learn the basics locally and travel when you exhaust local resources.

Regarding the drops there was a few. One was mine. A silly mental lapse. The exercise was to practice getting off on the high side of the bike. The rational being that if you are pulled over on a busy highway having some practice getting off the bike opposite the traffic side would be good. We were told motorcycle police are trained to do this. I was so mentally thinking about getting off the bike...I didn't have my kickstand all the way down...oops. No real damage. The plastic on the givi engine guards has another scratch and same with the bar ends.

The first drops are the hardest...gets easier after that :)

Back