• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Picking up a '13 NC700X Thursday!

It went right through where I live, didn't know anything about it til alert on my phone went off. I was in a local diner eating lunch before work when it came over us. They had the weather on the tv's in there, dish lost signal, wind picked up, got dark, rained like hell, thought for sure I was gonna die right there with uneaten hamburger steak, mac n cheese, and phenomenal fried okra with cornbread right there in front of my face. LOL nah, wasn't that bad, but it did get a bit spooky for a few minutes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It went right through where I live, didn't know anything about it til alert on my phone went off. I was in a local diner eating lunch before work when it came over us. They had the weather on the tv's in there, dish lost signal, wind picked up, got dark, rained like hell, thought for sure I was gonna die right there with uneaten hamburger steak, mac n cheese, and phenomenal fried okra with cornbread right there in front of my face. LOL nah, wasn't that bad, but it did get a bit spooky for a few minutes.

One learns not to take anything for granted with the weather around here. We’ve already had more tornadoes this season than the average yearly average for Bama.

That's more like it!

Soundclip. Engine is so noisy and picks up over the exhaust on video, but sounds damn good in person for what it is.

YouTube

22c93d3c26ea160fb8355d53d24abcfc.jpg

76e2cc212e3e7f78e198823ee7595695.jpg

5ce07935aa5f5b69b7e695bb71538047.jpg

42b594f3ec22f9a1c929fe4f69af6437.jpg

a3338dbebee4589b913b11d0ae200309.jpg

1799cb481ff05272d1de4685c03269f2.jpg

Now my exhaust matches my leg...Lol
#carbonfibershit

cca7ff1a7945cc4d6a59d229d6db21a8.jpg

afb4d8cc6e1e46c918aa3776a5eae9f3.jpg

Talk about bonding! You are now “one with the bike”!

Wife just sent me a pic from home. Was super worried this wasn't gonna come in before the upcoming weekend's ride. Can't wait to see how it sits.

6a55ad230348b645be24a1b4215e21f2.jpg

Wife just sent me a pic from home. Was super worried this wasn't gonna come in before the upcoming weekend's ride. Can't wait to see how it sits.

6a55ad230348b645be24a1b4215e21f2.jpg

Awesome it came in, if it includes the pan and it's simply unbolt the old and bolt on the new it's a 5 min swap but there is a brake in period before it gets as comfortable as it'll get (not sure how long that takes) not sure how big is a difference there is between stock and shad either before or after brake in as stock works for me (and my bank account [emoji28]) either way, enjoy the ride [emoji1365]

I tried a Shad and just couldn't sit it very long, Sure hope you have a better experience. I am sure liking my new RDL, i just put 2600+ miles on it in 9 days(five 500 mile days) and man it is by far the best seat i have ever had. Incredibly comfortable, if i ever get another bike it will have one too! :{)

Last edited:
I wondered through old threads on here of various seats and there were quite a few posts by shad seat owners that were happy with their seat, so I'm hoping I will be too. The more I ride this bike, the more "seat stamina" I build up. I guess since it's been awhile since I've sat on anything but cruiser seats (and gained a little weight over the years), I lost any seat stamina I had for hard sporty type seats. It doesn't feel like it would take a whole lot to make me comfortable, so maybe this one works. Was afraid to try some of the others based on certain user reviews or cosmetics alone. If this one sucks, I may sell it and go the Seat Concepts route, as that one was next in line. But for the Shad, $370 shipped via Revzilla for front and rear seats, wasn't too bad of a deal.

I wondered through old threads on here of various seats and there were quite a few posts by shad seat owners that were happy with their seat, so I'm hoping I will be too. The more I ride this bike, the more "seat stamina" I build up. I guess since it's been awhile since I've sat on anything but cruiser seats (and gained a little weight over the years), I lost any seat stamina I had for hard sporty type seats. It doesn't feel like it would take a whole lot to make me comfortable, so maybe this one works. Was afraid to try some of the others based on certain user reviews or cosmetics alone. If this one sucks, I may sell it and go the Seat Concepts route, as that one was next in line. But for the Shad, $370 shipped via Revzilla for front and rear seats, wasn't too bad of a deal.
Not sure if the shad seat fixes the slope problem (the stock seat slopes forward a bit) but if not it's an easy fix, if the shad seat fixes the slope problem, then your good already anyway

Not happy about this junk! Cannot get the driver seat on, it's like it's not even made close to right. Tried bending out the front corners of the seat pan but its still quite far off from hooking in the front mount. Fantastic first experience from Shad.....any ideas before I send this back? Others have this issue?

940a260e6fc79fb4ece146b5a255320e.jpg

e61e54a5fdfe66031cea5a359a071428.jpg

8f34d7abd52738c88b13f86179976029.jpg

3c93bcd5f25c5b9b347c7a9af75df53a.jpg

42992316a3120fb59d22ac73e2e6405d.jpg

b50897a96b024ae1e818fc992306499d.jpg

Per the fitment note on the instructions and some brief searching, appears there are 2 different part numbers for the nc700s and nc700x. I guess they sent the wrong seat....i guess I get to ride all weekend with a sore arse on the oem seat. Hooray. Lol

Per the fitment note on the instructions and some brief searching, appears there are 2 different part numbers for the nc700s and nc700x. I guess they sent the wrong seat....i guess I get to ride all weekend with a sore arse on the oem seat. Hooray. Lol

Look up the slope seat fix for the NC700X

It should come up with close to half a dozen fixes that cost anywhere from $2 to $20 depending on what you've got lying around and how fancy you want to get, also the sit-n-fly doesn't just help fight swamp butt it also adds some cushion, not much but it helps.

Look up the slope seat fix for the NC700X

It should come up with close to half a dozen fixes that cost anywhere from $2 to $20 depending on what you've got lying around and how fancy you want to get, also the sit-n-fly doesn't just help fight swamp butt it also adds some cushion, not much but it helps.
I have seen that mod, dont like the gap it leaves, and the nc seat doesn't seem wide enough for me (older and fatter?), slope or not I feel like I am sitting on my tailbone. I'm debating on trying to get them to send me the right Shad seat (if they have one in stock) or just get my money back and try another brand...maybe they could drop ship a correct Shad seat today and it arrive by the weekend. About to call them now.

Revzilla went ahead and started processing to ship the correct seat out today, upgraded to next day air for no extra charge, and gave me $10 more in zilla cash (in store credit). And sent me a return postage label. That's why I like doing business with them. Top notch customer service.

I have tried the Shad seat twice. I still have the second one. On the second one I got used from someone, I found that the fit was bad because the rubber bumpers under the front of the pan were too tall. I swapped those bumpers for a pair of the shorter ones that go under the passenger seat, and the fit is now good.

The Shad seat does not fix the forward slope problem.

Back