• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Picking up a '13 NC700X Thursday!

I have tried the Shad seat twice. I still have the second one. On the second one I got used from someone, I found that the fit was bad because the rubber bumpers under the front of the pan were too tall. I swapped those bumpers for a pair of the shorter ones that go under the passenger seat, and the fit is now good.

The Shad seat does not fix the forward slope problem.

The slope problem doesn't seem to be my issue, moreso that the seat isn't wide enough and I feel like it's going up by arse…..I'm not fat, but I do wear 38-34 jeans Lol. That said, the slope may not be as bad on it YET....because it is still lowered. It has the adjustable lowering links in the rear, so it might be lowered quite a bit in the rear, then the slope might piss me off once I raise it back to factory ride height. I know it will look a lot better raised up, I hate the lowered look.

The slope problem doesn't seem to be my issue, moreso that the seat isn't wide enough and I feel like it's going up by arse…..I'm not fat, but I do wear 38-34 jeans Lol. That said, the slope may not be as bad on it YET....because it is still lowered. It has the adjustable lowering links in the rear, so it might be lowered quite a bit in the rear, then the slope might piss me off once I raise it back to factory ride height. I know it will look a lot better raised up, I hate the lowered look.
I just recently lost a little weight but I was wearing 38-32 for the last 7 years or so.

I've never ridden with anything other then the stock seat so I've got nothing to compare but after the first 30,000 or so I could comfortably ride much longer 8 or 9 hours, after that I want to stop every hour or hour and a half for about fifteen minutes or so to stretch my legs (highway pegs would probably help with that) so I'm not sure if the stock seat took a long time to brake in our I just got more accustomed to riding the NC longer.

Having said that I don't remember how long I've had the sit-n-fly installed (just that it's been at least a couple years, but likely longer) and that was I big help, especially in the heat or rain.
so my specs are as follows, I'm 5'10 or 5'11 I was 230lb until just recently, after installing a handle bar riser (30mm lift) and fixing the slope on the seat made there was an immediate difference in how long I could comfortably ride, that said plenty of people have tweeked and adjusted their NC to make it fit them better and the end result is rarely exactly the same as someone else's.

It looks like you've got experience riding both time and different styles of motorcycles and you've already started diving into different threads here on the forum [emoji1360]

Good luck with straightening out your seat situation

Well just installed: center stand, new kickstand (old one was shortened), and raised it back to normal ride height. Forks are flush with top triple clamp and installed oem dogbones on rear. Of all that, changing out the kickstand bar gave me the most trouble. I broke (a little) that black plastic kickstand sensor bc I did not notice 2 bolts on part of the frame I had to remove before backing out the kickstand bolt. Oh well, luckily that's the only issue I had.

Sits a good bit higher now, I like it! Looks much better.

Now about the bags.....crap-ton of bolts and brackets, no instructions were sent...this will be fun.

18bb59a567174b36eeafea1bfc97df39.jpg

6080580e45cfcdb0e304d119cb9a422b.jpg

772612fd3fb7ef54a11dee0396730522.jpg

8a35937767315c60212648c182c889e5.jpg

f63ca2899be9a36516c83b567d6d6624.jpg

cb5e612d14126522bfc80e04cb88ca29.jpg

8a4ec2df279639dd3b5ce5a74504699b.jpg

d7502a5864303bc766886098394746d3.jpg

a3e55cb0f81556bb0c8f37610ffa2f34.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If you search with Google or whatever for a pdf of the Honda accessory you are trying to install, often you can find the instructions for installation.

Installed with no instructions...ended up with 4 thinner spacers and 2 rubber bumper looking things left over. Pretty sure the 4 thinner spacers were supposed to go between the brackets and the grab handles. Oh well.

Everything lines up and fits snug. Was a lot more work than I anticipated knocking all that out in one day.

9ed38dd140eb8403a30249631e56e224.jpg

badaaec5ace9b625a53bd4ad536fbb2b.jpg

b2b02b35b985eebae47c946090dee9bf.jpg

Please excuse the junky cluttered garage. New shop just got finished, waiting on electrical work next week and will be moving stuff in it shortly thereafter. And school starts back Monday for me too. I need a vacation.

c8d466575d45bc3a38d4f6bff6b541d7.jpg

The garage/workshop to die for!:cool:
Thanks! It's the 2nd one I've built. Built a 20x24 at my old property back in 2011, didn't have much room to work with and limited budget then, and it filled up with stuff way too fast. This one is 40x36. Knew I wasn't going to cut corners and needed to build it plenty big enough. Of course, I believe even if I had a 100x100, I'd find a way to fill it up with stuff. Lol.

Man I'm ready to ride the NC now! Still got a couple things to button up on it. Gonna be a fun weekend!

Thanks! It's the 2nd one I've built. Built a 20x24 at my old property back in 2011, didn't have much room to work with and limited budget then, and it filled up with stuff way too fast. This one is 40x36. Knew I wasn't going to cut corners and needed to build it plenty big enough. Of course, I believe even if I had a 100x100, I'd find a way to fill it up with stuff. Lol.

Man I'm ready to ride the NC now! Still got a couple things to button up on it. Gonna be a fun weekend!

It’ll be hot but it looks like you’re ready to add miles of smiles

Just tried installing the highway peg on the right side (one on left side has been on for a couple weeks), and couldn't get the thing on. The clamp was stupid tight on the other side, borderline too small, this one is even worse. I couldn't get the bolt to stick through enough to even start the threads on the peg. I'm just gonna leave it off for now, but that does aggravate me. I could buy a longer bolt, but it looks better on that side without one anyways, so I may just leave it off for good.

Would you want to part ways with the old, shortened kickstand?? I have mine lowered by one inch and the stock kickstand, on occasion, is too long. I have to be conscious of where I'm parking it when the ground is a not level.

Last edited:
Would you want to part ways with the old, shortened kickstand?? I have mine lowered by one inch and the stock kickstand, on occasion, is too long. I have to be conscious of where I'm parking it when the ground is a bit not level.
Sure would, how's $30 shipped sound? (Provided you are in US). Think my new kickstand bar was $46 for value reference.

Also need to sell the lowering links and oem grab handles too.

dbcaba4fb215780efee196340c622704.jpg

Back