• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Pictures of the new NC750S - What a cracker!

Hard to tell for sure but I think the bars are lower on the S, giving the rider a bit more forward lean. For a lot of us riser lovers on the X, that might be a hindrance.

yes you are correct ,the bars are indeed lower.
I can confirm that because I've sat on both.
the X has a more upright position and seem's more comfortable other wise I would have bought the S model.

I test road both X and S but found I much preferred the slight forward lean of the S then the bolt upright position of the X. We are all different :)

I know it's all about marketing but I often wonder why the American market seems to get the fewest model options. There have been so many great bikes that could be purchased in Europe, Canada & Asia, but never get to the U.S. market. They must think that we only want big fat cruisers & futuristic crotch rockets. I really like the 700X I just bought. It does just what I want with great milage for commuting and good storage to carry gear. My only complaint is I would have loved the option of getting the "S" here in the U.S. and mounting the trunk kit. The height and stance of the "S" would have been much better for street riding. With the 17" front tire with Bridgestone Battle-Ax sport tires I don't think of the X as any kind of off-road bike.

They must think that we only want big fat cruisers & futuristic crotch rockets.

The manufacturers do their market research. It's true; most US motorcycle buyers actually do want big fat cruisers & futuristic crotch rockets. NC700X fans are a small minority. We're lucky the model is here at all.

Last edited:
The manufacturers do their market research. It's true; most US motorcycle buyers actually do want big fat cruisers & futuristic crotch rockets. NC700X fans are a small minority. We're lucky the model is here at all.

Yup...cruisers rule in the US. If our market had less of a cruiser appetite we would probably get a broader selection of mid-size bikes. Also overall, the US market is dinky compared with the Asian and South American market which I think also get more models that also sell in the European market. While Europe is in fact Honda's smallest market I believe that they benefit from not being as cruiser-centric as we are.

Last edited:
I was in Chattanooga Honda last week, largest Honda dealer in the South. Showroom dominated by Goldwings and sport bikes. 2 NCs and 4 CTXs on the floor. In back more than 20 each Goldwings and CBR500s stacked up still in the crate. Those appear to be the bikes they are moving in high volume.

popped into my local dealer and they had a couple of 750x's in.
honestly if it wasn't for the 750 badge you would think it was a 700 still.
Honda had taken on board regarding the seat,its a lot grippier than the old seat and a couple of subtle changes.
not worth a change me thinks and at $10,340 and that's for the geared bike god knows what the DCT will cost!

In the UK the 750 DCT is the same price as the 700 DCT version, £6899.00 list price. (I got £300 off of the list price for mine)

The 750 manual is £300 more than the 700 manual, why? I've no idea!

The dealer did say to me that my timing (for ordering, 30.12.13) was impeccable but did not elaborate on that, I suspect the 750 DCT is going to increase in price, especially as they are selling well.

The basic manual X was pushed up by £300, whereas the S model was pushed up by £400. I can see the reason for the change (though not the extra £100 on the S model). After all the engine's been changed for a start, and fitted with an extra balancer. The crankcase on the left hand side ( as you sit on the bike) is slightly wider as a result.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I been gone awhile, life...it gets weird sometimes but what are you gonna do, anyway I have poked in time to time to read the highlights when I got a chance. Then I come across this, I get excited as when I was looking at my new NC at the dealer, then I see the price you quoted here......shock to say the least. They want how much???? All I can say is at that price the thing had better be putting out 100 + horsepower and be doing mid 11's in the quarter. I guess now I need to check out the posts and see what I can find on the 750. Time to get back in the swing of the site again, good to be back, I missed the fun of interaction with fellow NC ers.

popped into my local dealer and they had a couple of 750x's in.
honestly if it wasn't for the 750 badge you would think it was a 700 still.
Honda had taken on board regarding the seat,its a lot grippier than the old seat and a couple of subtle changes.
not worth a change me thinks and at $10,340 and that's for the geared bike god knows what the DCT will cost!

John, sorry but quoting dollars for a price in Europe isn't comparing like with like. The USA price wouldn't be anywhere near that figure. We always pay more in Europe than they do over in the USA.
The 750 is only £300 more and the DCT is only £100 more. I bet in the USA the difference would be even less.

Last edited:
It's really not that difficult to figure out. Google is very handy. If you can navigate this forum you can find a conversion chart on the web.

Not all of us this side of the pond are unfamiliar with currencies other than the almighty dollar. :p

you'll be supprise how many can't or just to idle to figure it out for themselves.
like...what is that in DOLLARS please.

Back