• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Pictures of Various Honda NC700X Saddlebags

how easy is it to take off and put on the stock honda rear trunk. Sometimes I would want it for tooling around town and sometimes not
And how is it as far as a passenger back rest vs. a dedicated sissy bar?

Last edited:
I finally received the M7 mounting plate for my Givi topcase so I installed everything a few days ago. Great timing now that the prime riding season is coming to an end…

Here's a shot of the brackets:

Brackets.jpg

A side profile pic:

Overview.jpg

And because I know someone will ask…

WidthMeasured.jpg

I posted this pic in another thread, but I'm thrilled that the V47 topcase will hold my Schuberth C3 helmet as well as a Shoei RF700. Both helmets are XL in size. To give you some idea, the Schuberth won't fit in the frunk… it's that big!

V47open.jpg

I'm thinking about having everything that's now silver on the cases painted red over the winter months. I think it would tie everything in nicely with the look of the bike. It'd look more "factory" than the factory bags!

Here's what I purchased:

1-GIVI-V47N $197.45
2-GIVI-V35 $365.62
1-GIVI-PLX1111 $119.99
1-GIVI-1111FZ $57.63
1-GIVI-M7 $33.25

Total cost: $773.94 plus about $35 in shipping
Ordered from Motostorm: Abbigliamento Moto Caschi ed Accessori | MotoStorm

Great looking set-up! Those will look awesome painted red. You got a heck of a deal on that top box. 300 bucks is cheap as I could find one.

how easy is it to take off and put on the stock honda rear trunk. Sometimes I would want it for tooling around town and sometimes not
And how is it as far as a passenger back rest vs. a dedicated sissy bar?

Two seconds on or off as far as a back rest I don't know but I have seen small back pads added to the case.

I have run soft bags on mine before and hated them. I hated that they strapped over the rear seat, it made fueling a pain in the butt. I finaly pulled the trigger on some Givi Monokey E21 hard cases. They have been pictured here in a few previous posts by others. I love them! I had my first MotoCamping trip over this past weekend and they served me well! They stored all my gear with ease! They aren't very wide, so it is still real easy to squeeze through narrow spots. Unfortunately, they have been discontinued by Givi. I don't know how the E22 cases compare in width or in any way. But, if they are anything like then E21, they will be great!

Two seconds on or off as far as a back rest I don't know but I have seen small back pads added to the case.

Are the any instructions or pictures on line. Most of the time I will probably want to ride the bike around town with no saddlebags or rear trunk so the storage area where the gas tank normally is would be more then enough.. But then occasionally I will need to carry something like a laptop or some clothes as well as and extra helmet in that gas tank storage, so i would need to put them on quickly. I just do not want it to be an hour long involved process

Are the any instructions or pictures on line. Most of the time I will probably want to ride the bike around town with no saddlebags or rear trunk so the storage area where the gas tank normally is would be more then enough.. But then occasionally I will need to carry something like a laptop or some clothes as well as and extra helmet in that gas tank storage, so i would need to put them on quickly. I just do not want it to be an hour long involved process

Hopefully this link will take you to the Honda accessory instruction PDF files. Accept the terms and conditions, identify yourself as a user, go to the correct bike size tab, then select the 2012 NC700X and you'll find the instructions for the OEM luggage. http://cssportal.css-club.net/honda/MCA/TERMS010.aspx

Last edited:
E22 or Trekker? Which is lighter? I'll assume E22. Is the E22 hinge a simple molded in plastic hinge?
Big price difference, $450 vs $1080

Here are the part numbers and revzilla prices I have gleened. This is for a setup with no top box/trunk or rack. On my bike I have a passenger seat rack (ala hondabikepro) that I made myself.

side rail to grab rail brackets: ($38)
Givi 1111KIT Honda NC700X 2012-2014

with either:

side rails: ($190)
Givi PL1111 Monokey

Monokey cruiser bags: ($224)
Givi E22N Monokey 22L Cruiser Side Cases

total: $452

OR

side rails: ($216)
Givi PL1111CAM Side Case Racks Honda NC700X 2012-2014

trekker outback bags, silver right and left: ($828)
OBK37APACK2

total: $1082

Blaze bags with a pillion

I am running with the SW-Motech Blaze Bags as well and could not be happier. Both with the capacity and with how easy they are to take on and off, as well as not leave any framing on the bike for the 75% of the time I am on the bike (commuting). The support posts bolt in behind the passenger pegs and the poles themselves come off with a press of a button.

I'm loving how those Blaze bags look, thinking of getting them myself now. Do you ever ride with a pillion? How do you work that with bags' straps covering the hand holds?

I'm loving how those Blaze bags look, thinking of getting them myself now. Do you ever ride with a pillion? How do you work that with bags' straps covering the hand holds?

I never ride with a pillion, so I dont know. My assumption would be they would need to hold on to you.

My interim solution: A Bestem 2012 top case and a pair of cheap Honda soft sided bags sourced from ebay. It will hold me until my wife gives me a pair of Givi V35s for Christmas. Now I just have to break the news to her!

20151023_124946c.jpg

Wow, I'm looking at all of these great looking set ups and admiring your gear. I'm surprised as to how expensive luggage and racks can get. They don't give this stuff away, that's for sure. I own a plastics fabrication shop here in Tampa, Florida (Welcome To Plastics America - Tampa, Florida) and I have 6000 sf of shop to work in so I suppose I could sacrifice some riding time and fabricate some cases here.

I particularly like the PVC mounting system for the soft bags that I've seen on here. I think I could start with that design as a jumping off point. Time to get out some pencil and paper. Wait, I suppose I should buy a NC700X first. :D

there was some "angle grinding " involved to make the Givi brackets fit under the Honda OEM grab rails that work with the top case. More work than I'd planned on, but I'm really happy with the result. The Givi side cases are large and tuck in closer to the bike than most. I went with the Honda top case just because some things fell into place from this site and ebay to make it slightly more affordable.

Back