• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Pictures of Various Honda NC700X Saddlebags

Givi E22N side case from Motostotrom with Honda top box
6fe01413dd856341897f4f2606044c92.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Samurai...I have those same cases that I'm keeping from my V-strom. I just ordered the Givi P1111 saddle bag brackets for the NC, which I'm assuming is all I need to mount the Monokey E22's. I'm wondering about the top case with these brackets. I believe the brackets will only hold the saddle bags but my question is - do these brackets go all the way back to form a plate that I can mount a top case plate on or are there additional brackets to buy?

Samurai...I have those same cases that I'm keeping from my V-strom. I just ordered the Givi P1111 saddle bag brackets for the NC, which I'm assuming is all I need to mount the Monokey E22's. I'm wondering about the top case with these brackets. I believe the brackets will only hold the saddle bags but my question is - do these brackets go all the way back to form a plate that I can mount a top case plate on or are there additional brackets to buy?

With the PL1111 you will need EITHER the 1111FZ or the 1111KIT. The 111KIT is just a couple of the mounting plates that are included with the 1111FZ... so you don't need both.

The 1111FZ is the rear rack kit (arms). This requires some plate as well depending on what top case or top bag option you want. I have and like the Givi E251 plate as it is flat so a soft bag or whatever can be strapped to it or take a monokey top case. There is also the Givi EX1SRA rack which is just a big flat area for strapping stuff/soft bags to. Or, you can leave Givi and put many other manufacturer plates on it.

The Givi PL1111 side case brackets need an additional item in order to be mounted. Use the Givi 1111KIT if you just want to mount the side brackets alone. Otherwise use the Givi 1111FZ side arms to mount your bag brackets, and you will be able to mount a top case using an appropriate adapter plate.

Again, the PL1111 side brackets alone do not include a way to mount them to the motorcycle.

Last edited:
With the PL1111 you will need EITHER the 1111FZ or the 1111KIT. The 111KIT is just a couple of the mounting plates that are included with the 1111FZ... so you don't need both.

The 1111FZ is the rear rack kit (arms). This requires some plate as well depending on what top case or top bag option you want. I have and like the Givi E251 plate as it is flat so a soft bag or whatever can be strapped to it or take a monokey top case. There is also the Givi EX1SRA rack which is just a big flat area for strapping stuff/soft bags to. Or, you can leave Givi and put many other manufacturer plates on it.

The Givi PL1111 side case brackets need an additional item in order to be mounted. Use the Givi 1111KIT if you just want to mount the side brackets alone. Otherwise use the Givi 1111FZ side arms to mount your bag brackets, and you will be able to mount a top case using an appropriate adapter plate.

Again, the PL1111 side brackets alone do not include a way to mount them to the motorcycle.

Thanks! Appreciate the heads up. For some reason I just "knew" there was something else to get! The Givi site didn't really explain the additional "Kit" thing.

I feel your pain. Wish the manufacturer would have more detail referencing combinations needed for your specific need / want.

I was also pretty confused by the myriad parts and combinations. I ended up email [email protected] to get confirmation about what I was buying, and whether the set of mounting kits were the right ones or not. They were super helpful being very patient while I waffled on whether I wanted a top case or just saddlebags. In the end I knew exactly what I needed to order and when I did it was exactly the right stuff. If you're thinking of ordering Givi and are unclear on what mounting stuff you need I'd recommend dropping them a line.

Came with bike when bought, I think they are Monokey E41's...
6a0a003b03f21f9f1fefb046035484f4.jpg
6f8be9b2f37148d43c28da1523e1517b.jpg
eb94501d1e5d3c2d5b0c3875cf9dc0b8.jpg
a6b4bd4801188b90acf5857523ee0a52.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The top box is a Kappa 46L that i would quickly trade for a larger one haha. The side cases i have not found a size on them but they are pretty small as well. I am ok with them for now, but most certainly will try and trade or sell them for a larger set sooner or later. :{)

body parts luggage installation7.jpg

body parts luggage installation8.jpg

MSR bottles installed2.jpg

Last edited:
Took off Givi E41 side cases and mounted Tusk medium size cases. Although funtioncal for it's size I just wasn't a fan of how the E41's look and the width of the E41's made it unnerving when splitting lanes. Medium Tusk are 7 1/4 wide while the Givi's are about 14 inches wide.
5dccb372abf0fa3c59c08799e82bde4a.jpg
2bae3610560b820057609861c1a4db28.jpg
d158815dfc5875a31c7161a5c32f0e99.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hepco & Becker GOBI line of boxes on H&B quick attach side racks, and H&B top case rack.
37Liter side cases, 42Liter top case.

2380D2A7-7800-40DA-A433-FBC46853C923.jpgixKaci6+QEmUS9OpjHUg6g.jpgfullsizeoutput_61ee.jpg6W6%341UTtWF9yRpjMqgWg.jpg

Wild Heart dry saddlebags I got for $99 shipped, very stoutly made with semi-solid rubberized wheel well panels and heavy polyester strapping going all the way around. With two or three rolls of the rolltops they provide a healthy 50-liter addition to hauling capacity, and can be cinched at the bottom as well as the top for smaller loads, can even be flattened out when not carrying anything.

I adapted the mounting from the rather standard over-the-seat approach, to each bag clipping on separately with ultra-duty polyester straps with strong metal cams. This allows me to quickly mount them to either my Honda NC700X or my Yamaha WR250R, both of which have top cases that make the standard mounting method a PITA. The new mounting system also makes it easy to include my Rotopax and its mount.

2019-05-03 16;52;21
by greenboy, on Flickr

2019-05-03 16;50;42
by greenboy, on Flickr

There's a M8 bolt hole available down near the passenger footpeg mount were so I bought a 1.5 inch aluminum strip and bowed it outward to line things out with the muffler, then ran it back to a small u-bolt attached to my Hepco Becker AluRack. It follows the line of the frame and the muffler/footpegs support and doesn't flex or vibrate so I don't mind leaving it on when I'm not carrying saddlebags.

For extra insurance, the very affordable Mosko Moto heat shield was installed. The saddlebags are stable and tight without unnecessary expense and weight.

2019-05-03 16;54;11
by greenboy, on Flickr

I didn't see any of the Kappa K33n's posted in the thread so I thought I would post these. They are the baby brother to the V35 Givi's. I paired them with the V47 Givi topcase.

IMG_0758 (1).jpg

greenboy, Can you show your mount a little clearer...it sounds like you don't have anything going over the rear seat like regular saddlebags would. I'd be curious if I can adapt what you did to my bags. Thanks,

Added some GIVI soft bags today...the 709 gravel T, also known as the Canyons.

I had the Trekker boxes and racks since I purchased the NC. I want to do some off pavement work and felt I needed some soft bags to prevent breaking an ankle.
I liked the quick release of the happy trails, but didn't want to replace the GIVI Racks. I stumbled across the Gravels, I thought the mounting plate was a little too much, but the bags seemed tough and gave me the quick release capability. It will be easy for me to switch to other bikes if I stay with GIVI racks. The local dealer gave me a discount that brought them close to the prices of Wolfman Rocky Mountains, which were the other bags I was considering.
With the rocky mountains, I would have to order a liner, water bottle holder, etc, that come with the GIVI's. The molle system allows me to expand if I so desire. I also like the bright colored liner. The bags are 35 liters each, more than the hard cases. I moved one of the hard cases to a tail spot. That's what I usually do around town.

2019070919274587-IMG_0455-XL.jpg

2019070919274587-IMG_0451-XL.jpg

2019070919274587-IMG_0454-L.jpg

Last edited:
Back