• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Pivoting Riser Installation Video

Agent

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I recently spent $31 on ebay to buy a set of off-brand pivoting risers. I installed them and posted the video on YouTube.

NC700X Pivoting Riser Installation

My shoulders were getting sore after an hour or so of riding, so I bought the risers. It has made a HUGE difference in comfort. I should have done it a long time ago. If you're feeling some fatigue before you think you should, check to see if your bars are in the right position.

Good job on the video.

I put 2" risers on my NC last year and the pain ceased instantly. I can ride 8 or 9 hours in a day now with zero shoulder/neck pain.

My experience with both pivoting risers and fixed is if the fixed risers give a combination of back and up change, they are just as good. Maybe better if you appreciate being saved from making sure the pivoting points lock down totally. In two or three inch risers on most machines, the fiddly experimenting with angles doesn't really gain a thing for you, at least not with bars like the NC's. The handlebars themselves once moved up and back by a fixed riser of that type give you more than enough to play with for positioning.

Hi Everyone,

I recently spent $31 on ebay to buy a set of off-brand pivoting risers. I installed them and posted the video on YouTube.

NC700X Pivoting Riser Installation

My shoulders were getting sore after an hour or so of riding, so I bought the risers. It has made a HUGE difference in comfort. I should have done it a long time ago. If you're feeling some fatigue before you think you should, check to see if your bars are in the right position.

What's the experience like now? Does it make a deal of difference? And have the bars moved at all?

Video looks good.

First the good. I love the improvement going from regular handlebar placement to lifted. I am able to sit up straighter and have less lower back and shoulder pain. I feel like the bike is more responsive to steering inputs. It's like I've got more leverage at the bars. To me, I can tell a big positive difference in overall handling.

Now for the bad. I did have a really hard time getting slack in the front brake line. That was a huge pain. Also, now I've a problem with my tailbone starting to hurt after a half hour or so. I raised the front of the seat 3/4" last year and that fixed the issue then. However, raising the handlebars has rolled my body back on the seat, so now I sit with a lot of pressure on my tailbone. I've been thinking of finding some sort of seat pad with a relief channel down the middle.

The bars have not moved at all since I put them on. They didn't have instructions, so I had to guess at the torque specifications. I got them good and tight, went for a ride and checked them again. They are still tight and in place, but it is something to add to the maintenance checklist: check riser bolts.

Back