• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Plan to install Digital Guard Dawg Wireless Ignition: Journey with me

AZNC700XBTC

Reaction score
Visit site
Was having hard time getting key in an out of ignition, so for the past month have just left it in and used spare key for the frunk.

Yesterday I got home and forgot, pulled on it and then the key came right out, ok good... but now, I can put it in and out, but it won't turn the cylinder. If I put it partially in, the cylinder spins in circles.

Basically can't start the bike.

I have found the "Digital Guard Dawg" wireless ignition system. Seems like it may be a better solution to upgrade instead of just fix.

To prepare, I have taking all the body panels off, to see what I am getting into. BUT I don't have a service manual. So was hoping some people on here can help my identify the connections.

I followed the wires coming out of the ignition to the Left side a RED 2 wire harness; and followed the wires from the start/stop switch down to the Right side to a BLUE 3 wire harness. Which looking at the install manual is exactly as expected.

Really looking to confirm with some people that are more expert than myself. Also shoot any holes in my plan or offer alternative suggestions.

1) can't drive it to a shop
2) changing the ignition seems rather involved
3) would like the keyless option (yes I still need to carry a key for the frunk, which is my favorite feature of the bike)

In the planning phases now, I can definitely update with progress when I receive the wireless kit and begin install. Just like to plan my work out, and now is the time for feedback since all I have done is remove body panels.

Thanks everyone

EDIT 20220915: received the Digital Guard Dawg product. No harnesses were included as I expected they would be, they are only open to call 10-5 PST so I will try to call tomorrow. Then decide if I tackle this project with some cutting of wires or not. Kit pic attached.

Also if I have to cut wires, does anyone have WIRE DIAGRAMS for a 2014 NC700X... Found them

EDIT 20220916: I sent the vendor photos of my harness adapaters and they said they would work on an adapter, because they don't have one for NC700X.... so I did more research today and attached what I think is the wiring diagram for the 2 adapters. Blue is the Right Handlebar switch 8P (blue) and the other is the Ignition 2P Brown (easy R/B and B in; then out to same). 8P is 5 in 5 out... with color changes in wires; This is the one their T Adapter will be helpful.

EDIT 20221004: Digital Guard Dawg service was great. I sent them photos of my existing harnesses, they built a plug and play harness for me and shipped to me for free (well I did buy the Plug and Play model already). After some emails back and forth with photos of existing, and pointing out which wires were coming and going, they sent me a photo to confirm they built it correct. Then they shipped the plug/play harnesses, installed in about 10 minutes (including zip tieing the excess) tested out the fobs and works as expected. Need more time to try to get all the body panels put back on, that will take longer for me :) Then I should be back to riding, especially now that the weather is getting better here.

Attachments

• IMG_20220915_165716.jpg
    IMG_20220915_165716.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 7
  • Right Handlebar Switch and Ignition Wiring Diagrams.png
    Right Handlebar Switch and Ignition Wiring Diagrams.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20221004_174957.jpg
    IMG_20221004_174957.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20221004_174923.jpg
    IMG_20221004_174923.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20221004_172904.jpg
    IMG_20221004_172904.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20221004_172951.jpg
    IMG_20221004_172951.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 7
  • Final 1.jpg
    Final 1.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 6
  • Final 2.jpg
    Final 2.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Looks like a good system, although we really have no idea on reliability.
However, the Honda ignition switch proved to be less than reliable, so……

I would spray a good lock lubricant into the switch where you insert the key and let it sit overnight, then insert and remove the key multiple times and see what happens.

I would spray a good lock lubricant into the switch where you insert the key and let it sit overnight, then insert and remove the key multiple times and see what happens.
Thanks for reply, after it wouldn't come out that is what I did... I think that is why I finally got the key to come out. But now the cylinder won't move with key all the way in ... And free spins with key partially in.

It sounds like maybe the tumblers are stuck. Give it another dose of the lube with out the key. Try to get the lube down inside the lock cylinder and tap on it gently
with a soft (wood of plastic) tool. Keep trying, there's nothing to lose.

Back