• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Plugs

Black Rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi ! Being very busy at the moment I finaly found a couple of hours to install a battery charger and a cigarette lighter plugs in the frunk :

100_7757-1.jpg

The plugs are connected in parallel and protected by a 5 Amps fuse. I install one spare fuse boxe in case of need of another accessorie in the future. The fuses are indicated by two arrows in the picture. I used industrial connectors so I can disconnect an completely take out the lid of the battery box. Some connection are made by welding. On the top of the battery box you can see the wiring and fuse of additionnal lights.

B.R.

That looks good.i did the same but i only use the tender wires.the lighter adapter i only plug in to the wire when i use gps.

I like the way you did that it looks clean. I myself want to get the Honda aux plug because I hate adding positive connection on top of other positive connections in the battery. If I added everything I wanted to I'd have a power commander connection, heated gear connection, aux plug connection, hid connection so on and so on. So to eliminate at least one from that equation would be nice

I like the way you did that it looks clean. I myself want to get the Honda aux plug because I hate adding positive connection on top of other positive connections in the battery. If I added everything I wanted to I'd have a power commander connection, heated gear connection, aux plug connection, hid connection so on and so on. So to eliminate at least one from that equation would be nice
I thought the install was nice and clean too. I need to do something similar with my 12 V plug.

As far as adding positive wires on top of positive wires go ...... That is what a fuse block or distribution panel is good for. Just run one power supply wire to the fuse block and power other accessories off the block. Keeps the battery posts tidy

I thought the install was nice and clean too. I need to do something similar with my 12 V plug.

As far as adding positive wires on top of positive wires go ...... That is what a fuse block or distribution panel is good for. Just run one power supply wire to the fuse block and power other accessories off the block. Keeps the battery posts tidy

That's a good idea. I know it probably doesnt make a difference to stack the positives up but to me mental it eats me up lol

That's a good idea. I know it probably doesnt make a difference to stack the positives up but to me mental it eats me up lol

Each extra connection is a potential problem in creating a high resistance poor connection a connection which in turn can generate heat. Each connection gets a longer wire before the fuse protection. Each wire creates another rub point for the insulation to be compromised.

More than one guy has burned their bike up (and garage etc) with add unprotected or less than perfect wiring.

Last edited:
Maybe there is something not realy clear in my explanations.

I used the battery poles to connect my fuses, plus the wiring for the additionnal lights installed by my dealer when I ordered the bike.

Actually, there are three aditionnal lugs connected on each pole of the battery. So there are a lot of connection on the poles, but now I can use my spare fuse like a kind of power port if I would use other acessories. Normaly I wil not have to touch the poles in the future.

I tryed to find specific harnesses, Honda stuff or other, but I must say that I was a little confused about what order, which panel dismount and where connect. So I use my method, find fuses, plugs, wire, etc. The most important thing was to protect each aditionnal power point with a fuse, and go...................It works.

B.R.

Back