• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Pneumatic Seat Adjustment

[
I like it, does it add a bit of an air ride suspension as well or is the position pretty static?

I have the same seat cover, it helps a lot in the summer :)

Haven’t ridden it yet, will be going on an overnighter tomorrow. Pretty easy to setup. I just placed one of these under the front of the seat. I may sandwich it between some stiff plastic to help protect it from abrasion. $15 at Lowe’s.

ATTACH=CONFIG]38070[/ATTACH]D5FB39EF-9B2C-4B39-8AB2-D9DAD3A90125.jpg

What is the method used to pump it up? Have you engineered a method for keeping the front of the seat attached in some way? Are the rear bolts left tight?

670, it uses a squeeze bulb like the medical one used for taking your BP... $15 at Lowes, i'm grabbing one and giving it a try, looks super cool!! :{P

Last edited:
What is the method used to pump it up? Have you engineered a method for keeping the front of the seat attached in some way? Are the rear bolts left tight?

As Rapturee said, rubber bulb. I used some safety wire to make the hose to bulb connection stronger. Back 2 bolts are tight, the plastic tongue on the seat sits above the factory hole. Will add a bracket or strap like the regular seat mod above the factory hole, will leave some room so I can adjust up 3/4” at most.

Just back from 500 mile ride. Works pretty good as a prototype. Does give you a softer ‘cush’ ride when fully inflated. Bleeds off a little bit (cheap one way valve) just have to re-pump every 50-75 miles. Going to try and lengthen hose, find better valve, and devise a clam shell or accordion structure to place bladder in so that it will maintain the position better under the seat and expand more evenly. More to come.......

Previously, we had the "showkey mod" for the raised seat front. This looks like the Next Big Thing, so you may want to claim a name for your invention. This could really catch on. You'd better patent it before the OEMs steal your idea!

Call it the CPA

Chabon's
Pneumatic
Adjuster

I was thinking Puff Daddy, but that was taken! CPA is good, guess I better go get some supplies. Maybe I should just license it with Mr. Wonderful on Sharktank. Or better yet just place it in the Public Domain. I hereby proclaim the Chabon Pneumatic *** Adjuster (CPAA) is property of the public domain. Go forth and invent.....

EDIT: I guess the forum board automatically censored the three letter work out of my reply. The word starts with the letter 'A' and ends with 'SS'. Maybe I'll have to go with 'Chabon's Pneumatic Aass Adjuster'

Last edited:
I was thinking Puff Daddy, but that was taken! CPA is good, guess I better go get some supplies. Maybe I should just license it with Mr. Wonderful on Sharktank. Or better yet just place it in the Public Domain. I hereby proclaim the Chabon Pneumatic *** Adjuster (CPAA) is property of the public domain. Go forth and invent.....

EDIT: I guess the forum board automatically censored the three letter work out of my reply. The word starts with the letter 'A' and ends with 'SS'. Maybe I'll have to go with 'Chabon's Pneumatic Aass Adjuster'

Haha. The forum hasn't yet figured out that dollar signs can replace Esses, as in A$$.

Todays update. Fiddled with the setup a little, getting close. Might think about removing tongue from seat pan, or cutting off top of metal bracket and putting a flexible rubber strap there so I can lower it completely when in town (short legs) and raise it up when travelling.

[video=youtube_share;7WZcosu418o]https://youtu.be/7WZcosu418o[/video]

Any more news on this? intriguing for sure. Picking up a 2012 NC700X next week (will intro myself when it's mine) with a Shad seat, but no seat monkey mod. This could be a solution if needed. See you all soon when I'm officially a member of the NC community!:)

Back