• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

pointless hand guards

johnakay

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
bought some cheap h/guards off ebay.
had to make my own brackets as one would fit where the brake leaver was.
had to make two so the both look right.
the so called bar end weights that they supplied was made of plastic ..they were binned.
just took the long bolts out and fitted the ones that were supplied.
heres a piccy..
DSC03113.jpg

I bought some cheap ones , too. Trackside is the name. They make better ones but I just got them to block the wind in the windter (pun).
Yours look nice. Run some leds to the yellow strip and have some GOOD blinkers! :rolleyes:

Keeps the wind from blowing directly on my hands.

I don't mind them when it's hot, and I appreciate them when it's cold.

The tracksides go on sale for $20 sometimes... and it's worth it... brackets even fit nicely on the NC.
See [HERE].
trackside.jpg

Last edited:
Is it just me? When I ride up to speed on the interstate it feels like the wind is trying to blow my fingers off the grips. Then I overcompensate and grip too tightly. Then I got Barkbusters and they make all the difference. Wouldn't want to ride without anymore.

I never really felt that way, but I did get hit in the knuckles by gravel kicked up by trucks. That stings. Not a problem with handguards.

I never really felt that way, but I did get hit in the knuckles by gravel kicked up by trucks. That stings. Not a problem with handguards.
Bugs were my issue... My gloves used to get super gross, like the built in vents in one pair got clogged up by bugs...

No issue with bark busters.

Yes, they bolted on to the free space on the handlebars without moving anything.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

the el cheapo trackside fit without any modification to the bike and keep the wind off my hands. In fact with summer gloves and honda heated grips I ride when the temp is 26 or above, my commute is 30 minutes. plus even though they don't like they provide much support when I got hit by a car the guard (I assume due to the cheapness) kind of bent around my hand and protected my knuckles from what would have been really nasty road rash.

When the weather gets cold, I put tape on the inside of my trackside hand guards to block the air holes.

Back