• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Pondering my return

Craigmri

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey fellers!

Sold my NC700X a few years back and been on Harleys and Goldwings (I buy a new bike every other year). I did a few cross country trips and wanted a full blown touring bike for them. Now that I wont be traveling from coast to coast for a while I decided I want another NC. I miss the frunk and the rideability.

Seems for 2021 Honda tweeked it a little and I like it. Is the 750 noticeably more powerful than the 700 I had? Or is it just ever so slightly noticeable? Totally happy we are finally getting ABS on our manual transmission.

Craig

Hey fellers!

Sold my NC700X a few years back and been on Harleys and Goldwings (I buy a new bike every other year). I did a few cross country trips and wanted a full blown touring bike for them. Now that I wont be traveling from coast to coast for a while I decided I want another NC. I miss the frunk and the rideability.

Seems for 2021 Honda tweeked it a little and I like it. Is the 750 noticeably more powerful than the 700 I had? Or is it just ever so slightly noticeable? Totally happy we are finally getting ABS on our manual transmission.

Craig
Welcome back. (Craig or Mark?) I recall you made the 2nd Annual NC700X Ride To Eat at Gator Joe's on Lake Weir. The 2021 750X is supposed to have 58 crank hp now and rev to 7500 rpm. That should be a noticeable increase (~15%) over the 2012's 51.5 hp with it's 6500 rpm redline.

They must've upped HP again?. Last I read it was only a 3 HP gain.

That's true insofar as when the 750 was first released (in N. America; I know nothing of other markets) it was said to have a hp increase smaller than the repeatability of the dynamometers you might test the claim on. I _think_ they claim to have increased hp for the 2021 model year, though (again talking N. America , or really the USA, only).

Welcome back. (Craig or Mark?) I recall you made the 2nd Annual NC700X Ride To Eat at Gator Joe's on Lake Weir. The 2021 750X is supposed to have 58 crank hp now and rev to 7500 rpm. That should be a noticeable increase (~15%) over the 2012's 51.5 hp with it's 6500 rpm redline.
Hi Dave Thanks! Its Craig. Good to see your still around these parts.

The little bump in power sounds good to me. I was excited to see they are providing ABS now with the manual however I stumbled upon this 2019 tonight that is farkled out pretty well and Honda warranty through 2025. With 5,900miles is it worth $7500?

Craig

Attachments

• 00K0K_fJ05IovKeZ0z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
    00K0K_fJ05IovKeZ0z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

The little bump in power sounds good to me. I was excited to see they are providing ABS now with the manual however I stumbled upon this 2019 tonight that is farkled out pretty well and Honda warranty through 2025. With 5,900miles is it worth $7500?

Craig
The price seems a little high. By comparison, at Honda of Russellville, Arkansas they offer a brand new blue 2019 manual for $7185. That's the whole price. No freight, setup, or other nonsense. You pay tax, license, and title in your home state. https://www.hondaofrussellville.com...stomInventory#page=xCustomInventory&year=2019

If you like those farkles and would buy them anyway, then the used one might be fine. In my mind the blue is worth more - best color Honda ever put on the NC. Red motorcycles are a dime a dozen in the Honda world.

5900 miles is nothin', but who needs a warranty through 2025 on a bullet proof manual transmission Honda?

When I tested them back to back I found a marginal increase in power but most of the time it wasn't noticeable.

Craig
I just sold the same year bike except DCT, so I looked over the market pretty closely. That bike is high but has some nice farkles if they are ones you would buy anyway. Make an offer....you never know.

Late model used bikes are becoming scarce and the dealers that have them know it. Be patient and one will turn up from a private seller.....just be ready to pull the trigger. Take a look at Facebook Marketplace if you haven’t yet or “all of Craigslist” and consider a fly and ride.

This is my first Honda NC. What is very interesting to me the high percentage of people on this forum that have owned an NC (whether it was 700 or 750), then sold it, then later bought another NC! Some have simply sold the 700 for a 750. That says a lot about these models. So far I'm rather blown away by several facets of the bike. It's very ergo friendly. Switches are not only high quality, but placed in positions that your hands naturally gravitate to. Oil changes were setup smartly by placing the drain facing the kickstand side so better draining would take place, and a center stand isn't needed. The filter is accessible without removing the filter guard! The power is smooth as butter other than a nice thrust that takes place at about 4500rpms. I never knew Honda was so far above the other Japanese manufacturers, and I've owned at least one of the other three manufactures. They all good bikes, worth buying again, and about the same, but Honda is a cream puff. It's just a sweet bike all the way around. Seems like a well kept secret if you ask me.

Hi RF, I agree with everything you said short of the center stand. For Chain Maintenance (Cleaning and Lube) and tire changes its really helpful.

Craig

I bought my 2018 NC750X new for $6699 plus $199 doc fee in January. I have added Honda center stand, GIVI windscreen, Dolomit panniers, crash bar, and rear hugger. So I now have $8117 in it not counting tax and title. I am very happy with it, love the handling and ride. Yes I wish it had a few more ponies after my 2016 Versys 1000LT and 2018 Gold Wing Tour. My 2019 Road King will kick its butt too. But 68 mpg on the last two 200 mile tanks is nice, and no premium gas. Again great bike for most of my riding, and I use the Road King when my wife wants to go.

Attachments

• nc750x.jpg
    nc750x.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 9
Bought a gently used 2018 750x for 6500$ out the door. (1900 miles and multiple farkles already installed). Your price seem a little high.

I bought my 2018 NC750X new for $6699 plus $199 doc fee in January. I have added Honda center stand, GIVI windscreen, Dolomit panniers, crash bar, and rear hugger. So I now have $8117 in it not counting tax and title. I am very happy with it, love the handling and ride. Yes I wish it had a few more ponies after my 2016 Versys 1000LT and 2018 Gold Wing Tour. My 2019 Road King will kick its butt too. But 68 mpg on the last two 200 mile tanks is nice, and no premium gas. Again great bike for most of my riding, and I use the Road King when my wife wants to go.
Jack,

Interesting on your past bikes. I just sold my 2018 Goldwing tour and one bike Im considering is the new Kawasaki Versys 1000 SE (the version with Cruise control). How did you like the Versys?

Craig

Jack,

Interesting on your past bikes. I just sold my 2018 Goldwing tour and one bike Im considering is the new Kawasaki Versys 1000 SE (the version with Cruise control). How did you like the Versys?

Craig
I liked my NC a lot.....
.....but as long as you are looking at used bikes and would consider a Versys, and don’t want a DCT, take a look at a Trecker GT too. That bike has caught my eye and the more I learn about it the better it looks.

Jack,

Craig
I bought my 2016 Versys 1000LT from a dealer in Utah, he had it on ebay with no reserve. Got it for $8100 in April of 2017, new bike with no miles. I drove my truck 1300 miles there to pick it up but I didn't mind. I rode it as my 2nd bike to my 2015 Indian Chieftain and still put 17,000 trouble free miles on it. I put a bigger screen on it throttle lock, GIVI trunk, and a Corbin seat. It was a great bike and I enjoyed it very much. Traded it on the Gold Wing Tour and it cost me almost nothing to own the Versys. I enjoyed the Wing for 17,000 miles too, and traded it on the 2019 Road King. The reason I bought the Wing was my wife had a hard time getting on and off the Versys and after I sold the Chieftain the Versys was my only bike for a while. The only thing I would add to the NC750X would be a electronic cruise control. I have never felt the need for engine modes and traction control, I can live without abs too.

I liked my NC a lot.....
.....but as long as you are looking at used bikes and would consider a Versys, and don’t want a DCT, take a look at a Trecker GT too. That bike has caught my eye and the more I learn about it the better it looks.

The Tracer 9 GT coming out soon looks tasty indeed.

Craig

Back