• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Poor sales

I've been the sales manager at a Honda dealership in Oklahoma for 10 years. I've had my nc for over 2 years now and love it. However, they are very hard to sell here. We tend to sell them more often to out of state buyers via eBay. The motorcycle industry seems like it's in a generational gap period. I think they will become more popular in the US, but not for several years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm, i wonder which dealership based on your name LOL. When is the August Dealer's Webcast for the new models coming out this year? Looking forward to the new wing (very probable(. I also heard a rumor the Africa Twin might have some tubeless tires and cruise control (low probability)?

I love the spoke wheels on the VFR120xdct.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmmm, i wonder which dealership based on your name LOL. When is the August Dealer's Webcast for the new models coming out this year? Looking forward to the new wing (very probable(. I also heard a rumor the Africa Twin might have some tubeless tires and cruise control (low probability)?

I love the spoke wheels on the VFR120xdct.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol. I'm always careful about sharing as I joined group because I actually own and love my nc and not to sell. Honda is always very tight lipped about what they're doing. I know they're committed to the adventure line and plan to expand and improve it. The big talk right now is about an all new gold wing which is speculation at this point. Since Honda did away with the dealer show years ago we rarely know when they're going to announce what. I believe in Honda. They are the slowest moving company by far, but the results are usually excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My feeling is it's time for the manufacturers to ready themselves for the next disruptive shift; weaning themselves off the internal combustion engine. It's difficult to see Millennials buying into 'old technology' when they see what Tesla is doing.

It's out there, for a price. I looked at getting a Zero bike. I have a < 15 mile commute each way. When parked on my driveway I'm next to a power outlet that also serves my RV, and I work at a manufacturing plant so could re-charge at work too if needed. I could probably go a whole week between charges on the basic power pack! However at twice the cost of the NC700X I figured it would take 14 years to break even!

That being said, if money wasn't quite so much of an issue (5 kids), I might still have done it. I'm a techie, so there's + to the Zero bike. I like low maintenance, and it seems that the Zero may be even less than the Honda! And having the performance of the Zero bike seems like it would be fun too!! Yes I'd be limited on longer rides, but that's a rarity for me. Weekend fun rides with my daughter are usually < 200 miles and the Zero has options for that providing you're not super slabbing it, which we're not. I doubt I'd be able to make it to the MSTA ride on it, and I'm guessing not too many hotels etc. offer charging options, so limited again there. But as a pure short distance commuter, and short distance fun bike - seems like it would have me covered.

If I were to look at a two bike stable, I can see a Zero and a VFR1200X being a good match for me. One covers the commute and short fun rides, the other would cover longer distance touring. Yes the NC could do the latter as others have proven, but I'd like to try it on the VFR just because!!

I looked at getting a Zero bike.

That being said, if money wasn't quite so much of an issue (5 kids), I might still have done it. I'm a techie, so there's + to the Zero bike. I like low maintenance, and it seems that the Zero may be even less than the Honda! And having the performance of the Zero bike seems like it would be fun too!!

I'm in the nearly same situation. I would love to have a Zero in my garage next to my two Plug In cars !

Yes I'd be limited on longer rides, but that's a rarity for me. Weekend fun rides with my daughter are usually < 200 miles and the Zero has options for that providing you're not super slabbing it, which we're not. I doubt I'd be able to make it to the MSTA ride on it, and I'm guessing not too many hotels etc. offer charging options, so limited again there. But as a pure short distance commuter, and short distance fun bike - seems like it would have me covered.

Here's the website of a guy who did the four corners (Seattle, Los Angeles, Florida, and Maine) averaging 400 plus miles a day on a Zero: home

Here's the website of a guy who did the four corners (Seattle, Los Angeles, Florida, and Maine) averaging 400 plus miles a day on a Zero: home
Though it's not very well known there are people that have rowed and do row small boats across the Atlantic Ocean. While it can be done it fits more into the Stunt category or It Doesn't Have To Be That Difficult These Days category.

Last edited:
The fact that it can be done at all using charging stations with a 400 mile/day average is indicator of how fast the segment has developed..

Back