• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

poorly eye sight

johnakay

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
woke up one morning over a week ago and got double vision. last time I had this was 12 years ago but righted itself within a week.
now its been over a week. got my eyes checked last wednesday rang my my GP to make sure they got the info from the opticians and now I've been referred to NHS cook hospital.
now it's just a waiting game. to say I'm cheesed off is an understatement.eye individuals are ok , a bit like binoculars out of focus.
my left eye is being lazy.close up I'm ok but more than 5ft I see two of everything. looking to my right all is ok but left no.. 1st my pacemaker DVLA and now this. hopefully this is only temporary.
if not then that's my driving and riding days are over. if its not one thing its another.
last year we went to the highland for a 6 day trip but got far as fortwilliam ended up in hospital for the rest of the week.
going again in may I hope! grrrrrrrr

Sorry to hear that John. Hope it gets sorted soon. What happened with the Pacemaker and the DVLA ?

all ok with the DVLA kept my licence.thanks for asking.
wonder what happened to all my old buddies on here have they all buggered off and new members?
just because I no longer have the NC doesn't mean I dont like them.
a few times I've come in defence for these good bikes who say they're old mans bike,rubbish slow etc.

Hey John . Sorry to hear about the problem with your vision. I have followed your posts for several years and always appreciated your insights.
Keep us posted on testing and results.
Prayers from Olympia, WA.
>Thom

To echo Olythom, I've probably read at least a hundred postings of yours in, and have appreciated coming out at you throwing down over the
all ok with the DVLA kept my licence.thanks for asking.
wonder what happened to all my old buddies on here have they all buggered off and new members?
just because I no longer have the NC doesn't mean I dont like them.
a few times I've come in defence for these good bikes who say they're old mans bike,rubbish slow etc.
I am one of those new members, and like Olythom have also appreciated reading so many of your posts over the last year, you made a significant contribution to a ton of peoples knowledge and confidence in the bike, so thank you.
I saw that you were dealing with some of the health issues as well, it hits me in the gut because I totally get how aging and health issues can be.
In that original post you had talked about how the vision had sorted itself out after a week when this it happened in the past. Any new word from the eye doc?

thank you.
got a letter today from the hospital today ,going in on the 6th of march (next week) hopefully I'll find out what is wrong and get it fixed.
dont want to lose my license I'm not finished biking yet got a few more years yet.
if the times come I can't get my leg over the seat I will turn to a scooter.
once again thanks.

eye sight test at the NHS.

well that was a waste of time.did the same test as the opticians.

please to say my vision is getting much better..

only when I look hard left does my vision impairs.
by the end of the day my eyes are really tired so I have no problem going to sleep at bedtime.
so hopefully I'll be able to get back riding my bikes again.

When I started off-roading/dualsporting I wore glasses. In not too much time I'd gotten enough eye exercise to no longer need glasses. Passed my driver license eye test clear to the bottom as fast as I could say the letters. Downside? Had to start using mild reading glasses for up-close detail ; }

Hope you continue to improve, john.

gbThumbsUp.png

Back