• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Possible Future NCXD Replacement Bike - The Yamaha Xmax 300

kpinvt

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my 2014 NC700XD, love it every time as soon as it starts rolling down the road. I'm thinking of the future me, a me much deeper into my decrepitude, who might not be able to handle the weight of my NC. Sometimes I really miss having the Silver Wing scooter I had for a couple of years but what I don't miss about that bike was the weight of it, 540 lbs. wet, and the little wheels, 13 inch front and 12 inch rear. I've been looking at the Yamaha Xmax as a possibility.

The Xmax 300 thread on ADV Rider:
New Xmax 300 ! | Adventure Rider

One owners experience on the Xmax:
Rocket & Me | Page 9 | Adventure Rider The author of the thread lives in Jacksonville, FL. He begins talking about a big upcoming trip on his Xmax.

Edit\ As of 05-28-2019 & page 13 of the thread, his Xmax had clocked 2700 miles on his trip, for a time two up with his adult daughter from Brooklyn, NY to Portland, ME via Albany, NY, Vermont and New Hampshire, where she was dropped off for the plane trip home. This thread has me convinced the Xmax might work for me. Now I just have to find one I can sit on. I live in northern VT and all of the possible Yamaha power sports dealers are still only listing snowmobiles and 4x4's.

The Xmax is 399 lbs., 15 inch front wheel and 14 inch rear and almost as much room under the seat that the Silver Wing had.

Last edited:
Kymco, Burgy 400, and the Xmax, just to name a few. I’ve drooled all over them. I’ve had several scooters over the years and always marvel at the handling and fun factor. And I know I’ll have another one day.

I’m quite secure in my manhood. :p

Scooters are super fun. We have three in the garage. The only down side for me locally is that the roads here are so bad, the little wheels and short suspension travel give us a rough ride.

I think someone I know has one. I have asked him for his opinion and will post on here as soon as I have it.

I think someone I know has one. I have asked him for his opinion and will post on here as soon as I have it.

That response.......

"Brilliant, quickest most economical way to commute."

TBH I would have preferred if he had elaborated a little more. However I have previously heard him raving about it and he is consistent. He is a good rider with several other motorcycles including a Super Ten and a Tracer 900GT.

Back