• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Post your 2021 Model Riding Impressions Here

Played with it some more and BAM..the. lights are off! (but I have no idea how). Oh it's so much better now (insert thumbs up emoji here). Clock tells correct time..no more flashing rainbow, life is good.

Todays ride 58 miles. Much better, as I didn't try and grab the clutch OR shift with my foot. I even had a white tail fawn run right out in the road ahead of me, maybe 25 yards, and I just applied lots of brakes (and didn't grab for the clutch) and it turned around and ran back in the woods. I took that as a good sign that I'm getting used to the bike.

On the other hand I went by a buddy's house, went to blow the horn, and downshifted to fifth lol. Dang it. Got to get used to this switch

BTW that downshifting while in drive is a pretty cool feature and I used it twice on today's ride while riding in standard mode going into an uphill curve, and into a series of down hill curves

Also tried Sport mode and it's pretty aggressive if you ask me. The roads I ride and at the speeds I ride, it kind of held it in 4th the whole time. Seemed to shift about 4500 rpms vs 3200 rpms for the standard mode.

I also pulled off the "wear a helmet read the manual sticker" off the frunk lid and put some clear static sheeting on the center between the frunk ribs where my lanyard camera was hitting it.

81 miles on todays ride. Saw it's first sprinkles of rain, saw it's first dusty road (they were resurfacing a road and I didn't know it before I got to it , uggg Now the poor thing is a mess with asphalt dust..

Refilled my first full tank of fuel.. went 185 miles used 2.49 gallons of fuel for 74.3 mpg average

tonight I added my garage door opener to the hood

oi7IFkfh.jpg

a Helmet Guardian dual helmet lock and some 3 M reflective tape to the rear license plate area

zjnIwnnh.jpg

and a 3M clip to hold the key for the Helmet Guardian in the frunk

dNntLzZh.jpg

and threw in my 1964 Vintage style Honda mechanic's cap in the frunk

oi7IFkfh.jpg

a Helmet Guardian dual helmet lock and some 3 M reflective tape to the rear license plate area

zjnIwnnh.jpg

dNntLzZh.jpg

Nice hat, where did you get it?

I got it on Amazon (plus the one I got that looks like Soichiros personal hat). Let me see if I can find a link for you. It's very comfortable and very lightweight.

here ya go

My Soichiro hat

ODqajrXh.jpg

jTr0pSCh.jpg

etx8Gr7h.jpg

Last edited:
1st night time ride on the bike tonight. I don't ride much at night anymore, but I wanted to see how the instruments and headlights were, so I rode up and met my son and grandson to the theatre to watch Black Widow. It was dark when we got out. Instruments are nice and bright and the LED headlight works pretty good on both low beam and high beam.

Took an early pre sunrise ride yesterday. My first experience with DCT-no test ride-I was skeptical before buying, but I read enough of the back and forth to realize that what I’m after is a solid commuter-light tour bike. It’s certainly an interesting sensation. I drive a MT for my daily vehicle-this maybe a welcome change sitting in traffic jams.

oi7IFkfh.jpg

zjnIwnnh.jpg

dNntLzZh.jpg

Beechmont Motorsports! I was in there today to look at Scorpion helmets. (They didn't have any.)

This is the 4th bike that I've purchased new. The first one was a Suzuki 1981 GS450T. It was perfect right out the box. I would love to get that one back. The second was a 2003 CB750 Nighthawk. I was twitchy and didn't like to turn. Then a 2006 Kawasaki ZG1000. I spent a LOT of money on that bike trying to get comfortable on it. Then the 2021 Honda NC750X DCT. Perfect out of the box. I forgot how much fun riding could be.

Beechmont Motorsports! I was in there today to look at Scorpion helmets. (They didn't have any.)
lol I was there today too. Took my 8 year old grandson in to look at helmets and goggles. I will be there again tomorrow. Getting tires put on my CB 1100 in the morning.

Doesn't sound like you are having much luck there. I worked at the shop when it was Moto East Yamaha in the early 70's. Also worked at Lewis Honda in Mt Carmel and Batavia, East of the Mississippi Suzuki in Withamsville, Honda of Kenwood, Norwood Kawasaki, and Honda Suzuki of Florence. Spent 17 years working in shops in this area. We've probably crossed paths in the past.

If you see another red/silver '21 cruising around Clermont/Brown/Adams/Scioto/Highland/Warren counties, northern Kentucky, it's probably me lol

Last edited:
lol I was there today too. Took my 8 year old grandson in to look at helmets and goggles. I will be there again tomorrow. Getting tires put on my CB 1100 in the morning.

Doesn't sound like you are having much luck there. I worked at the shop when it was Moto East Yamaha in the early 70's. Also worked at Lewis Honda in Mt Carmel and Batavia, East of the Mississippi Suzuki in Withamsville, Honda of Kenwood, Norwood Kawasaki, and Honda Suzuki of Florence. Spent 17 years working in shops in this area. We've probably crossed paths in the past.

If you see another red/silver '21 cruising around Clermont/Brown/Adams/Scioto/Highland/Warren counties, northern Kentucky, it's probably me lol
I'm not from Cincinnati. I moved here in 1986. I remember a dealership in the old A-frame building on Beechmont that is now a Montgomery Cyclery. I don't remember the other ones except for Honda of Florence (now Collins Motorsports). That's where I bought my ZG1000 in '06. Wyler sold Suzuki's for a short time. My brother bought a VL1500 in 2003.

The A Frame/Montgomery Cyclery was Lewis Honda. I worked there from 1975 to 1979 before the Lewis's sold it to Sandy Khan.

I took my first “recreational ride” on Monday. I took off and let the traffic lights lead me. I drove on main roads and side roads, a few frontage roads and was focused more on riding than travel time.
I have learned a few things. The seat is somewhat uncomfortable. The pegs are too high for me, and sport mode is plenty fun.

I’m 6’3” and while I appreciate the ergonomics of this bike, I need to make some adjustments. My knees are bent a little too much and I’m constantly standing or stretching my legs at stop lights. The seat kinda slides forward too much for me and is also lacking comfort-I’m looking into seat pads vs getting full new seat. Foot pegs are small and in a poor position. Plenty of options out there, but I’m happy to take recommendations. The ever changing led on the dash is distracting at times. I often think I’ve left the turn indicator and find myself looking at it.

you down with DCT? Yeah you know me. I might be a purist of many things-whiskey, cars, bbq. The DCT is good. It’s really good. It shifts fast. It shifts at points I’d choose to shift-much faster than I could-whether I’m hard on the throttle or soft. It does downshift awkwardly at times, but no biggie. I was reluctant, I needed convincing. Maybe because it’s a motorcycle, but it’s more fun than my 6spd Tacoma. I won’t tell you it’s DCT or nothing. I will say to the haters out there, this thing is great.

Brakes are mediocre. When I want to brake hard, I want to feel the bite. Its
Very vague.

Otherwise, a great short trip. Ready to go for longer rides!!

I found out you can turn the color mode thing off, but I managed it mainly with help here to decipher the procedure in the owners manual. It will still show a color when you change modes or start it up but after that its off. No more rainbow with every up and down shift.

My front brake bites real well and is strong, but the back is kinda weak.

At 5'5" I dont have the same ergo issues although I too feel the too small foot pegs could be further forward and dropped a bit

I took my first “recreational ride” on Monday. I took off and let the traffic lights lead me. I drove on main roads and side roads, a few frontage roads and was focused more on riding than travel time.
I have learned a few things. The seat is somewhat uncomfortable. The pegs are too high for me, and sport mode is plenty fun.

I’m 6’3” and while I appreciate the ergonomics of this bike, I need to make some adjustments. My knees are bent a little too much and I’m constantly standing or stretching my legs at stop lights. The seat kinda slides forward too much for me and is also lacking comfort-I’m looking into seat pads vs getting full new seat. Foot pegs are small and in a poor position. Plenty of options out there, but I’m happy to take recommendations. The ever changing led on the dash is distracting at times. I often think I’ve left the turn indicator and find myself looking at it.

you down with DCT? Yeah you know me. I might be a purist of many things-whiskey, cars, bbq. The DCT is good. It’s really good. It shifts fast. It shifts at points I’d choose to shift-much faster than I could-whether I’m hard on the throttle or soft. It does downshift awkwardly at times, but no biggie. I was reluctant, I needed convincing. Maybe because it’s a motorcycle, but it’s more fun than my 6spd Tacoma. I won’t tell you it’s DCT or nothing. I will say to the haters out there, this thing is great.

Very vague.

I'm much shorter so I don't have the ergo issues but my bike does have these SW Motech foot pegs that are a little lower and more supportive.

Very vague.

per forum member Revmatch

Turning off the colored bar (page 62)
I think you can turn it off by pressing and holding the down arrow button, which should show a “Color Off Mode” setting. From there, I think you press the select button to set “Color Off Mode” to ON (???), and then press and hold the down arrow button again to get back to the regular display.

I'm much shorter so I don't have the ergo issues but my bike does have these SW Motech foot pegs that are a little lower and more supportive.

Thanks!

well today I turned over 2000 miles on my 2021 NC 750 DCT

4lL0ZkLh.jpg

My impressions haven't changed much since the first week I got it. I love how light it feels. Handles great. Brakes work pretty well, with front being a lot stronger than the rear. Mileage is fantastic (last tank 76.9 mpg). Frunk is pretty cool and holds a lot. The DCT trans is brilliant although a little clunky every so often for some reason. You can usually hear it more than you can feel it. Most of the shifts are butter smooth. Still finding I like D standard the best for my all around riding, and being able to hit the - button for a imperceptible downshift, even mid corner, is brilliant. Ergos suit me fine and the seat is ok. I cut 3" off the stock shield and I no longer have the head bobble, just pure air. May cut another inch off. Can't have too much air (unless it's cold air lol)

What don't I like? Still think it needs more power and torque, although it's doing everything I ask of it, it just doesn't have much in "reserve" so to speak. Coming from high horsepower liter bikes for the last 44 years, I miss the instant big power. Even my 88 hp 63# torque CB 1100 seems like a monster compared to the NC power wise. I also still don't care for the 270 degree throb. Just don't like it. Rather have vibes than throbs. Not saying I can't live with it, but for a twin I think I'd rather have a 360 degree motor. Also having to remove the key to open the gas cap or the frunk is something I don't care for, but I've ordered a spare key blank, and will have it cut and build a knob to fix that issue for me.

It hasn't been 2 months yet, so I'm still learning to live with it.

Last edited:
well today I turned over 2000 miles on my NC

4lL0ZkLh.jpg

My impressions haven't changed much since the first week I got it. I love how light it feels. Handles great. Brakes work pretty well, with front being a lot stronger than the rear. Mileage is fantastic (last tank 76.9 mpg). Frunk is pretty cool and holds a lot. The DCT trans is brilliant although a little clunky every so often for some reason. You can usually hear it more than you can feel it. Most of the shifts are butter smooth. Still finding I like D standard the best for my all around riding, and being able to hit the - button for a imperceptible downshift, even mid corner, is brilliant. Ergos suit me fine and the seat is ok. I cut 3" off the stock shield and I no longer have the head bobble, just pure air. May cut another inch off. Can't have too much air (unless it's cold air lol)

What don't I like? Still think it needs more power and torque, although it's doing everything I ask of it, it just doesn't have much in "reserve" so to speak. Coming from high horsepower liter bikes for the last 44 years, I miss the instant big power. Even my 88 hp 63# torque CB 1100 seems like a monster compared to the NC power wise. I also still don't care for the 270 degree throb. Just don't like it. Rather have vibes than throbs. Not saying I can't live with it, but for a twin I think I'd rather have a 360 degree motor. Also having to remove the key to open the gas cap or the frunk is something I don't care for, but I've ordered a spare key blank, and will have it cut and build a knob to fix that issue for me.

It hasn't been 2 months yet, so I'm still learning to live with it.
I know a sweet lady (my wife) who would love to upsize to her NC750X.
One of these weeks - - -

Back