• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Potential new owner of an NC750X DCT

FIRE UP

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Gang,
Well, brand new here. Been riding for oh, maybe 55-60 years or so. I've had many, many bikes from many manufacturers. In the last 35+ years or so, I've had primarily Goldwings. In the last couple of years, I've actually had THREE motorcycles, all at once! Never thought I'd see the day when that would happen. Anyway, I just recently sold my beloved '18 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports DCT. I loved that bike and hated to sell it but, it just was too big and tall for me. So now, I'm on the hunt for what I think will be a down-sizing move yet still give me some fun times left in my 70 year old life. And, while I've not had a chance to actually see one up close and personal, so far in my research and hunting, it appears that the NC750X DCT is gonna fit the bill.

I'm scheduled to take a test ride on a '20 tomorrow afternoon. I've tentatively put a hold on it but we're in another state and will be traveling to it tomorrow. Oh, by the way, I'm in lake Havasu City AZ and we're headed to San Diego to see and test ride this bike. So, we'll see how things go. Looking forward to acquiring information on mods, accessories and all that.
Scott

I hope your test ride goes well, and you come home with an NC750X.

Welcome to the forum, Scott. Plenty of members here can advise you how to spend more on mods and accessories after you get the bike.

Hello Scott.
Being 68 years of age and having three rides (Monkey, Ninja, Goldwing) myself I understand your situation. So last week I traded my 650 Ninja in on a 2023 NC750X DCT. I also have a 2018 Goldwing Tour DCT. I have some concerns that the Goldwing is beginning to challenge my abilities when it comes to low-speed maneuvers and just overall size. So, I plan to accessorize my new NC for touring duty and then sell the GW. Obviously, the NC will never equal the Goldwing in many respects. However, for me it is the safe/best solution to extend my enjoyment of riding for many more years. Have had the NC for only ten days but tomorrow will take it to the dealer for its 600-mile service (currently has 720 miles on odometer). The NC with the DCT is just the perfect solution for my circumstance. I'll miss the Wing immensely, but sometimes hard decisions must be made. The NC750X DCT is a motorcycle you will thoroughly enjoy. As I understand it, some changes were made to the NC in the 2021 model year, and they may or may not be important to you.
Good Luck!

Howdy and welcome to the forum.

Downsizing to a middleweight tourer seems to be a common theme for us older folks. You'd think the manufacturers would take advantage of that.

Btw 72 year old here who downsized to an NC 750X DCT from an FJR

I just traded my beautiful candy red 2018 DCT Goldwing Tour for a sweet 2023 NC750XD.
Its a DCT too.
I love this bike, 350 pounds less than the Goldwing.
Get yourself a new one( if you can find one) ASAP.
Cant go wrong.
Did I say I love it?
BTW, Im 73 years old.
Ill never stop riding.

Hello Scott.
Being 68 years of age and having three rides (Monkey, Ninja, Goldwing) myself I understand your situation. So last week I traded my 650 Ninja in on a 2023 NC750X DCT. I also have a 2018 Goldwing Tour DCT. I have some concerns that the Goldwing is beginning to challenge my abilities when it comes to low-speed maneuvers and just overall size. So, I plan to accessorize my new NC for touring duty and then sell the GW. Obviously, the NC will never equal the Goldwing in many respects. However, for me it is the safe/best solution to extend my enjoyment of riding for many more years. Have had the NC for only ten days but tomorrow will take it to the dealer for its 600-mile service (currently has 720 miles on odometer). The NC with the DCT is just the perfect solution for my circumstance. I'll miss the Wing immensely, but sometimes hard decisions must be made. The NC750X DCT is a motorcycle you will thoroughly enjoy. As I understand it, some changes were made to the NC in the 2021 model year, and they may or may not be important to you.
Good Luck!
Christoph,
Very well put, all of it Sir. Without a doubt, the '18 and above Goldwing is THE top notch touring machine made. I've owned six Goldwings and this '18 Tour DCT Airbag in Candy Ardent Red (purchased with 5,300 on the clock back in April of '22) is the finest of them all. But, there's always a but, yep, no doubt about it, she's a big girl to handle sometimes. At present, even at 70+ years old, I'm still able to jossle her around in slow speed maneuvers if and when needed. I'll continue to do that until I can't which, who knows when that will be.

As for the NC, well, I BOUGHT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a 2020 NC750X DCT and it has presently, 2,100 miles on it. It came with a taller windshield, a rear rack, engine protection bars and a center stand. So, I got a few hundred bucks worth of add-ons with it. My first visual impressions of it were that it's pretty darm simialr in appearance to my recently sold (as of a little over a week ago) '18 Africa Twin Adventure Sports DCT (miss that big girl). But, that was/is Honda's intension, to bring similar looks and styling into what would normally be a basic street bike. It is the Black model with black wheels which I hate. I'm not big fan of this "Black" world in terms of automobiles/SUV's/Trucks/Pickups/Motorcycles/wheels and more being ALL BLACK. I like COLOR!!!!!!!!!! But, the circumstances surrounding the purchase of this NC pretty much left me with no choice.

I had a chance to purchase an '18 NC750 RED manual version with a mere 571 miles on it!!!!!! By the way, it's still available in Craigslist. I came really really close to setting up a deal with that owner. But, the wife and CEO knows just how much I adore the *DCT*! So, the only one available within both my state or surronding states (to me here in western AZ) and was within my financial reach, was this BLACK NC 750X DCT with 2,100 miles on it. And it was in CA not very far from the kids and her mom. Soooooooooo, ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!! I loaded up my Rampage motorcycle lift into the truck and we through some over night stuff in, tossed in the Dog and some food for her and we were off.

My first physical impression(s) were the seating position vs the feet position. Hmmmmm, I've never wanted or had any interest in a *Crotch rocket* style motorcycle but, my feet are tucked kind-a back quite a bit and, the bars are just a tad lower than I'd like them which, to me, sort of, represents an ever so slight representation of a ninja bike riding position. Yes, I know, those riding positions on those are much more defined. And this is much more upright but, I guess I'm just used to my Goldwing and my X- Africa Twin. I'll get used to it all though. I have to, I BOUGHT IT! There are some other minor things about it that are a bit odd to me but, again, I'll get used to them once I put some time and miles on this new-to-me black zombie! Thank you all for the warm welcome and encouaging words of wisdom towards the purchase and ownership of what I think so far, will be a pretty fun bike to zip around on and even put some longer miles on.
Scott

Attachments

• IMG_2281.PNG
    IMG_2281.PNG
    10.8 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2283.PNG
    IMG_2283.PNG
    11.4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6711.JPG
    IMG_6711.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
I put 2 inch bar risers with a 1in. setback and drop foot pegs on my 2012 700DCT to fit my 6’2” frame. It fits me and I have loved it fo 40k miles so far. I bought it 4 years ago with 7200 miles and it had the Honda paneers and top box from a Harley dealer for $3500. Best deal ever!

Back