• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Potential seat buy-BMS/Bill Mayer Saddles

Craig,
I'm curious as to why you are going with the BMS instead of the Sargent seat service. Even with the group buy discount I think the Sargent is less expensive and in your case I imagine the shipping from Orlando to Jacksonville would be faster and less expensive than Orlando to California. I was in a different situation when I had mine done. It was winter and Sargent offered me ride in service and I'd had good experiences with previous seats from Sargent, so I went that route. I don't have any first hand experience with BMS, so I can't comment on their work, but I was just wondering why you preferred the BMS.

Bob

I havent gone with anyone as yet. This is merely a feeler to gauge interest. If we get at least 10 firm interests we can do this. As to the why? I am impressed by the number of NCX seats Rocky has done and he is very intimate with the design. I too would consider Sargeant but I was under the impression they werent doing a production run for the NCX. Has this changed?

I havent gone with anyone as yet. This is merely a feeler to gauge interest. If we get at least 10 firm interests we can do this. As to the why? I am impressed by the number of NCX seats Rocky has done and he is very intimate with the design. I too would consider Sargeant but I was under the impression they werent doing a production run for the NCX. Has this changed?

Sargent isn't doing any production runs for the NC that I'm aware of, but they do custom seats. It works the same as BMS. You send them your seats and they rework them just like BMS does. There is a custom seat services section on the Sargent web site that lists prices for the various services. You just tell them what you want them to do and they rebuild the seat, which I think is the same way it works if you send the seat to BMS.

Bob

I like the seat gkgeiger had a photo of .... I'd buy his or if we can get a deal I'm in . I like the looks of that seat and believe it would be perfect for me ... Prefer just the front but if needed I'd go both.

I had Bill Mayer in Ojai do the seat for my Suzuki DL1000. I supplied all of his requirements, measurements, photos, etc.
Plus I went to his shop in person.
Result: It was a very uncomfortable seat. I felt like I was sitting on an elevated platform, and it had a slope to the tank.
So not only was I sliding forward, but felt like I was sitting on an unstable over stuffed chair. Going back to the stock seat was an improvement.
I do not think the discount he is offering is adequate to get my vote. In my opinion his' seats are overpriced and overhyped!
If he makes a more competitive offer, and allows for no cost fine tuning of the fit, (redo of the foam shape), I will reconsider joining the group purchase.
Maybe the Group should check with his brother, Rick Mayer, in Northern California. His work and seats always receive high marks. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Pismo,

I sincerely appreciate you sharing your experience. I think we all should let this soak in for a bit before making a commitment.

I had Bill Mayer in Ojai do the seat for my Suzuki DL1000. I supplied all of his requirements, measurements, photos, etc.
Plus I went to his shop in person.
Result: It was a very uncomfortable seat. I felt like I was sitting on an elevated platform, and it had a slope to the tank.
So not only was I sliding forward, but felt like I was sitting on an unstable over stuffed chair. Going back to the stock seat was a improvement.
I do not think the discount he is offering is adequate to get my vote. In my opinion his' seats are overpriced and overhyped!
If he makes a more competitive offer, and allows for no cost fine tuning of the fit, (redo of the foam shape), I will reconsider joint the group purchase.

So, I had an offer from a forum member for a Corbin seat that I accepted for what I thought was a fair price so I'm out of the group buy propisition. For anyone else looking to take lead on this please let me know and I will hand off the info I have.

I know this is an old thread but here is my seat experience. I have had two custom seats for my wings over the years and have had ALL day and night comfort. Seats were done by "Diamond Seats" they make the pan so you can ride until your seat comes in.
After years of riding on them I got the new 2012 wing. Thought I would try a new custom seat maker. (The Pillion Rider said I was being stupid, don't fix what ain't broke.) So I went with Rick Mayer after doing a lot of reading. After paying $100 to ship my seat out to CA from IL and around $600 for the seat I got my seat. Put about 240 miles on it and then headed out on a 7500 mile trip in 12 days. After the first 150 miles I wasn't out of gas, but my butt was killing me. It killed me for the next 11 days. Rode local for the rest of the summer and didn't want to go over 50 miles on it. I would drive the CBR with a Corbin on it instead. I Saw Rick at the Chicago MC Show the next February and discussed it with him. He said it was a simple fix and that I should send the seat to him. The fix didn't sound adequate. I also needed to be moved back and have more leg support as I am 6' 3". Got home and the Pillion Rider looked at me after I reported what Rick said and responded "So you are going to spend $100 to ship him the seat and it could still be wrong...Then what? Just order the Diamond Seat and be done."
I called Mark the next day and told him I wanted the High Miler. He found out my weight and height and immediately said he was going to have to move me back and give me more leg support. Paid more for the seat but I can stay in the saddle all day and be comfortable. How much is that worth to you?
I don't know if Diamond Seats makes a seat for the NC700 but if he doesn't and enough showed interest he might.
My experience,
Guy

According to their website, Diamond does not have a seat for the NC700 or NC750. It couldn't hurt to ask. I would suggest that you (NCGUY) contact them to see of this is even possible. If they are interested in pursuing a group buy then you should start a new thread to determine interest level

Back