• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need Help Price??

what next

Reaction score
Visit site
Calling it time to quit I'm not a youngster anymore and just haven't ridden much in last 4 years. I have a 2012 with 44700 miles. I looked at cycle trader for idea of price. My mileage is high compared to what listed but I will have a lot of extras for someone just getting started. Here is what ad will look like on Craigslist.
2012 NC 700 light nimble good all around transportation. It's good for around town or cross country, I have it set up for long distance touring. Some of the extras are, center stand-heated grips- throttle lock-handlebar risers-Givi 35 side cases-Givi 52 top case with lights-Madstad adjustable windshield-front fender extender-front fork shock covers-power and charging outlets-GPS-Kuryakyn highway pegs-rear seat rack to haul camping gear on plus regular seat. My traveling days are over so you can also have all my camping gear, tent 2 sleeping bags hot or cold weather-ground tarp-Helen Two wheels packing system-several sets of gloves- rain gear-Aerostich rain gloves and foot gear. Mini air compressor and tire plugging kit. Tailbag and bike cover and if you are size large my Gerbings heated jacket and controller. Honda maintenance manual and some spare oils. Bike has 44688 miles just haven't ridden much in last 4 years. Of course tires chain sprockets brake pads have all been replaced as needed.
Any hint suggestions
Thanks it's been a good great 54 years of riding.

To the right person that values all of the extras, you may can get more out of it, but in my near-worthless opinion, I'd say the bike itself, set up as is, probably no more than $3,500? Maybe $4k for total package including all the extras to the right buyer?

I'd say $3000 tops. That's all I could get for Beemerphile's heavily farkled 2012 with fewer miles, and it took many months to get it sold.

Last edited:
I'd say $3000 tops. That's all I could get for Beemerphile's heavily farkled 2012 with fwer miles, and it took many months to get it sold.
Yep, most people, including me, are scared of anything with that kind of miles on it. Well not really "scared" as a literal term, it's just that there's usually too many others for sale with 1/2 or less miles for cheap. Gave $3,800 for my 2013 in stock form, over 2 years ago, and it is a DCT and only had like 8,800 miles on it.

While I'm not scared of those miles, any modern Japanese bike should be fine (as long as proper maintenance is done). However I put a lot of miles on my bikes, my current one is over 114k miles, so I prefer to buy them with under 15k miles. But that's just me, I like anyone else would probably buy a bike with higher miles for the right price.
Just my opinion or 0.02 cents worth.

Your ad makes no mention of the bike’s cosmetic condition. Since it’s not specified, I would make the assumption that it is in rough condition, like scratched plastics, chipped rims, dented muffler, etc. If the condition is especially good, you might want to note that. With a 9 year old bike, physical condition would be more important to me than it’s mileage.

Well thanks guys , that's what I was I thinking. So many super low mile machines for sale. I sold a 4 1/2 year old FJR1300 for $2500 many years ago I had put 98,000 miles on. Well here is ad https://rockford.craigslist.org/mpo/d/maple-park-honda-nc-700/7357115401.html . Price will go down until sold. I bought this bike with intentions of staying closer to home short trips. It took me to Alaska twice all the way to Deadhorse once. I have had a good ride in my years, first time to Sturgis 1967 on a BSA Hornet 4 times to Alaska by motorcycle once more in an rv. I did this in 2014 all by my lonesome. https://photos.app.goo.gl/tiKUDY53cjnCbdZG8

IMO, don't sell it unless you can't do 'short' rides.
Try meetup.com and look for small riding groups, but as you know
they can be 'tricky'.

Like your passenger seat fix.

If I may add. I think you may want to consider selling a lot of the gear separate from the bike. I don't know that that adds a lot of value to someone who's looking for a bike. Normally I would need gloves and gear that fit me and don't really want something that I didn't choose individually. You have a lot of nice stuff, perhaps sell it or donate it. I think the Bike alone should bring you over $3000 but the extra stuff probably doesn't add much to the value and maybe even detract from it.

Again, my upper Midwestern thoughts....

Back