• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Probably would have gotten this luggage system If I were buying today

netizen

Reaction score
nc700-forum.com
I heard about this system on ADV rider podcast.

They have several systems... this one seems to be the best for my type of riding... This one actually requires some sort of luggage mounting hardware like the Givi or whatever and it adapts to use whatever luggage mounting hardware you have.

The bags ride for a low center of gravity and expand and roll up to accommodate whatever size load your carrying.

These are tried and tested on many Round The World trips by other riders.. waterproof and rugged.

Round The World Panniers - Giant Loop

They aren't cheap, but they aren't going to crack if you fall over with them either, and they are extremely light-weight keeping your added weight to a minimum.

I just saw adverts for these. Love them. .wish i could justify buying them. Netizen...you live nearby...why havn't we taken a ride?

to me, softbags on heavier machines means "don't carry anything that breaks very easily" because once you go over -- ; } -- on lighter machines though, they cool

hard panniers? seems like pelican is still the way to go if you are truly doing the wild thing.

yeah, Giant Loop has long traded on a status footing.

I had Wolfman Dry bag panniers on my KLR. I LOVED them! I wanted to use them on the NC, but the fact that you have to disconnect and undo part of the strap that goes over the pillion to re-fuel, made it a 100% deal breaker for me.

As far as durability, I went down multiple times while fully loaded on the KLR and nary a scratch on the bags. My buddy has them on his XR, that dude has straight up rode his bike into ditches and slide down gravel roads and same thing, not a scratch. Those bags damn tough.

I considered doing exactly that but thought it wouldn't look right. However, that set up looks good, but largely because it's hidden by the back rest. Did you make that yourself? I also considered the pillion plate that fella makes, but because of how far back I sit my tail bone would be up against that metal edge.

I had Wolfman's on my DR650. Good bags, not cheap. I usually ended up sitting on the buckle for the over the seat strap. Those Giant Loops look pretty good. Lots of useful design features. on the Wolfman's, extra pockets cost extra money and I don't think as useful as the ones on the GL. Also like the mounting method and the little pockets for shoes etc.

as with wolfman and to a way lesser extent giant loop (because of bang for buck), many dualsport riders including WR250R riders have been talking up mosko moto but are put off by the price. some guys have made the switch though. read on ADVrider.com.

I have been running Wolfman panniers for a few years on my Wr250X. Going to make the leap to the Mosko Moto 80L bags for $500.

Reckless 80L System (v2.0) | Mosko Moto

Price seems high but you dont need racks ($300 plus) on each bike and can be moved from motorcycle to motorcycle. Lighter and more forgiving than hard panniers. Have friends with these bags and quality and design is top notch. Has hole for refueling KTMs, not sure if it is correct spot to allow access thru a Dale's rack.

Attachments

• mosko_moto-reckless_-motorcycle-soft-bags-dualsport-offroad-adventure-soft-luggage-pannier-duffl.jpg
    mosko_moto-reckless_-motorcycle-soft-bags-dualsport-offroad-adventure-soft-luggage-pannier-duffl.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
to me, softbags on heavier machines means "don't carry anything that breaks very easily" because once you go over -- ; } -- on lighter machines though, they cool

hard panniers? seems like pelican is still the way to go if you are truly doing the wild thing.

Agreed. If I had had soft panniers during my trips, the 3 times the bike dropped (twice with me letting it go down smoothly, but once alone because of a wind gust), there would not be just scratches on the side case and a plastic handguard cracked, but probably some scratches at other places and broken pegs... I'm glad my V35 cases hold well!

Panniers look nicer, but they also cannot compress as I compressed my cases...

I just saw adverts for these. Love them. .wish i could justify buying them. Netizen...you live nearby...why havn't we taken a ride?

I don't know... we need to fix that! I think we should post a Local meet on here as soon as it warms up a bit and see who all in the area will come out. Then maybe we can plan some rides. I've been watching your posts for a while now on here.

I don't have as much time to ride as I would like.. I'm hoping to retire in a few years and rack up some serious ride time!

If you have any ideas on rides just let me know.. I'll try to make it!

Back