• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Problems with Sargent seat fitting an NC700X?

My issues with the Sargent seat is that it was too wide at the rear, and since I had aftermarket (SW-Motech) luggage hardware which raised the passenger grab rails about 1/8 inch, the seat could not be bolted down. Also, the seat cover was extremely slippery and I would end up sitting on the frunk lid if I braked hard. Be sure to get a grippy seat cover. Lastly, I didn’t find it to be any more comfortable than the stock seat, but everyone’s derrière is different. I tried the Sargent but returned it under their satisfaction guarantee policy. So, if they still have that return policy, you have little to lose.
You went with the seat concepts? Like that better?

You went with the seat concepts? Like that better?
I do like the Seat Concepts better than the Sargent, but not as Seat Concepts normally would ship it. I tried a Seat Concepts years ago, disliked it, and sold it a week later. It was too wide at the front, too tall, and too firm. A couple years went by, and I reordered a Seat Concepts but in a softer foam density that was tailored to my weight. Then I reshaped the foam to my liking before installing the cover. What I have now is a keeper.

Fwiw, my Seat Concepts seat fits both the old model 2013 (the first bike I had it on), and my 2016 (the bike it's currently on), without any fitment issue whatsoever. There is little to no change around where the seat fits between the years, not sure why one seat would work on some years and not the others. I also put the oem 2016 seat on my 2013 when I swapped the seat concepts to the newer 2016 bike. Again, the 2016 oem seat fit the 2013 older model just fine.

And as far as installing the seat concepts seat, if you were to go that direction, if you have patience you can do it yourself. If not, like me, a local upholstery shop installed it for $20. Well worth it. It's something any upholstery shop should be able to do is less than an hour, so they shouldn't charge too much to do it.

Well I stuck my head in the lions mouth and ordered the Sargent. Talked with Dane and he said they had none in stock for a 2018 750X, so any bad ones are gone. They will be starting one for me from scratch. He said the only issue is a less than tight fit to the tank, which I could deal with, maybe make a "filler" if needed. I went 99 miles today before I stopped. (freeway at 70mph) After that I needed to stop often. I ordered the DTX seating material that is not slippery. 1 to 2 weeks to build.

Well I stuck my head in the lions mouth and ordered the Sargent. Talked with Dane and he said they had none in stock for a 2018 750X, so any bad ones are gone. They will be starting one for me from scratch. He said the only issue is a less than tight fit to the tank, which I could deal with, maybe make a "filler" if needed. I went 99 miles today before I stopped. (freeway at 70mph) After that I needed to stop often. I ordered the DTX seating material that is not slippery. 1 to 2 weeks to build.
Hello Jack, New member here from East TN. I landed on this post due to my looking for a Sargent seat. I have had many bikes with bad seats but my 2019 NC is maybe the worst? I would probably go with a Russell if I had time and money but I don't. Mustang doesn't sell them, Seat Concepts doesn't thrill me and Corbins cost too much.

So how is the Sargent? I see the problems people have had but for the money and guarantee I am willing to try it. I had a NT700V with a Sargent seat which was fine so I am not too worried about it. It has to be better than the phone book they glued on these bikes and covered with vinyl. Maybe if I was young I could deal with it but I'm not.

Hello Jack, New member here from East TN. I landed on this post due to my looking for a Sargent seat. I have had many bikes with bad seats but my 2019 NC is maybe the worst? I would probably go with a Russell if I had time and money but I don't. Mustang doesn't sell them, Seat Concepts doesn't thrill me and Corbins cost too much.

So how is the Sargent? I see the problems people have had but for the money and guarantee I am willing to try it. I had a NT700V with a Sargent seat which was fine so I am not too worried about it. It has to be better than the phone book they glued on these bikes and covered with vinyl. Maybe if I was young I could deal with it but I'm not.
Welcome MrTim. Seats are highly personal and subjective but the seat when new should at least fit the bike. I've had two different NC700Xs with two different Sargent seats and I like the seat very much. Sargents were all-day comfortable for me with many days of tank to tank riding in my log book. On this bike I would raise the front of the seat about 1/2 - 5/8" to flatten the seating area. This is a very common modification for the stock seat as well. If you google search the "Showkey mod" it hits on a 12 page thread on seat mods. I used black closed cell pipe insulation foam to seal the gap at the front of the seat. Sargents in general are very well made. I even prefer the slippery carbon-look covering. My riding style has me sliding side to side on the seat when in the twisties and I don't like tacky seating surfaces.

Welcome MrTim. Seats are highly personal and subjective but the seat when new should at least fit the bike. I've had two different NC700Xs with two different Sargent seats and I like the seat very much. Sargents were all-day comfortable for me with many days of tank to tank riding in my log book. On this bike I would raise the front of the seat about 1/2 - 5/8" to flatten the seating area. This is a very common modification for the stock seat as well. If you google search the "Showkey mod" it hits on a 12 page thread on seat mods. I used black closed cell pipe insulation foam to seal the gap at the front of the seat. Sargents in general are very well made. I even prefer the slippery carbon-look covering. My riding style has me sliding side to side on the seat when in the twisties and I don't like tacky seating surfaces.
Sounds good. I will definitely look into it.

I have an old Corbin seat on my 93 BMW K75 that is hard as a rock and comfortable as hell so I know what you mean subjective. I am hoping to get my NC to be that comfy.

My NT700V was pretty good but I hated the plastics on it. I have also had a Pacific Coast which was easier to take apart than the NT. I haven't had to take the NC fairing apart yet but I will be adding a few things and will need to get into it eventually. Looks pretty involved at least the first time? I was contemplating getting another Pacific Coast when I saw this NC with 1800 miles and bought it instead. A two year old bike instead of a 30 year old bike. I'm a sucker for old bikes though. They are a dime a dozen and hidden in every other garage it seems.

I hit a deer with the NC750X 5 weeks ago so I canceled the Sargent seat because I didn't know if the NC would be totaled. I am suppose to get it back this week, then I will decide if I should reorder.

I hit a deer with the NC750X 5 weeks ago so I canceled the Sargent seat because I didn't know if the NC would be totaled. I am suppose to get it back this week, then I will decide if I should reorder.
Youch! My worst nightmare. I ride far northeast TN back roads most of the time so no lack of critters to crash into. I saw a bear crossing the road a couple of days ago up in SW Virginia. And then the really dreaded obstacle, the blue haired old ladies. Lots of retirees. But not nearly as bad as Florida. That place scares me.

Hope it all works out for you...

Back