• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Protective Handguards

Brett

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and ride a Honda NC 750s - 2020. Looking for help an advice for a good pair of safety/protection handguards for my Honda. Any advice will be appreciated.

Agreed. Barkbusters are awesome. If you want to keep the original bar end weights look At T Rex racing. I’ve not used those but they certainly look the business

Bark Busters can be installed using the bar end weights and oem screws that secure the bar end weights. I did it like that during BB installations on my 2015 and 2013.

NC Grip pix.jpg

NC grip pix (2).jpg

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and ride a Honda NC 750s - 2020. Looking for help an advice for a good pair of safety/protection handguards for my Honda. Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks to those of you that took the time to reply to my question. I have also found out that Givi handguards are available for the Honda NC 750 and they are reported as being very good too. So I have managed to find a company in Spain (motocard.com) and they will ship them to the UK at the very reasonable price of £71.94 all inclusive of the shipping price.

Check out the parts fiche for the X-Adv. That bike comes with hand guards fitted as standard equipment. Given that the NC and X-Adv share an engine and chassis they might fit the S.

Thanks to those of you that took the time to reply to my question. I have also found out that Givi handguards are available for the Honda NC 750 and they are reported as being very good too. So I have managed to find a company in Spain (motocard.com) and they will ship them to the UK at the very reasonable price of £71.94 all inclusive of the shipping price.
I started with the Givi's on my 2015 NC700x DCT Don't waste the time and money. The Givi's are not nearly as robust as the Barkbusters. In ended up installing the Barkbuster Storms after the Givi mounts cracked just from vibration, not a fall. The Barkbusters are very sturdy, very beefy. Buy once, cry once.

Thanks GregC, The problem with the Barkbusters is that the recommended Storm product for the NC only has single fitting points, either at the bar end or on the bar itself. Whereas the Givi products are made for the NC and have fittings at both the bar end and at the top of the rear view mirror mounts.

There are dual mounting points for Barkbusters as well. The storm are just the plastics. I just purchased the dual mount kit for my 2018 750x

Thanks Rabbit, I hadn't realised that the Barkbusters could be bought in this way. I should imagine they would be expensive though. I have now purchased the Givi hand guards from Motocard.com in Spain. If they prove to be inadequate, then I will give the Barkbusters a try.

Thanks GregC, The problem with the Barkbusters is that the recommended Storm product for the NC only has single fitting points, either at the bar end or on the bar itself. Whereas the Givi products are made for the NC and have fittings at both the bar end and at the top of the rear view mirror mounts.
my bad -- I got the Barkbuster VPS - it has two mounting points - bar end (using existing bar end weights and screws) and further down the handlebar. It fit around the DCT parking brake controls.

On the Givi, it was the mirror mounts that broke on mine ... the vibration just fatigued the poor metal they use.

My 2019 NC750X came with the Givi handguards already installed. They are just ok for keeping wind off your hands, and worthless for anything else. If you just want to keep wind and bugs off your hands they will do the trick. If you are looking for protection from rocks or big things, or plan on them helping with drops or off-road situations they are not going to hold up.

Back