• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Puig Windshield opinions/suggestions??

Reconrokon

Reaction score
Visit site
I am thinking about upgrading to a taller windscreen. My 2012 NC700X currently has the small factory one. I am looking at the Puig Light Smoke 5992H. I found it for $107 shipped. Any opinions good or bad. Any suggestions on a better windshield? Thanks, Jay

I’ve got one-seems to give decent protection along with OEM hand guards. I’m 5’11”.
Does it direct the wind over your helmet? Some people claim the air hits them right in the face, others said chest and some said it went right over the helmet. I am 5'10" so it may work. One rider said he was 6'0", wrote a review that the air went right over the helmet and the ride was much quieter. It seems this particular windscreen has reviews ranging from very good to very bad. Its only $107, so I may give it a shot. I like the way it looks on the bike in the online pics. Jay

For me it puts it right over the top of my lid. 5’11”, 31” inseam. I suppose torso height would be a part of it. Combined with the OEM hand guards I get decent weather protection. I did a touch over 400 miles in the rain @45 F and I was dry and warm. Darien jacket/pants, bmw boots, leather gloves. It’s not a Goldwing, but far better and smoother than most bikes I’ve had.

Does it direct the wind over your helmet? Some people claim the air hits them right in the face, others said chest and some said it went right over the helmet. I am 5'10" so it may work. One rider said he was 6'0", wrote a review that the air went right over the helmet and the ride was much quieter. It seems this particular windscreen has reviews ranging from very good to very bad. Its only $107, so I may give it a shot. I like the way it looks on the bike in the online pics. Jay
Like I've always said doesn't matter what it is, it's the "Worst-Best" depending on the reviewer

For me it puts it right over the top of my lid. 5’11”, 31” inseam. I suppose torso height would be a part of it. Combined with the OEM hand guards I get decent weather protection. I did a touch over 400 miles in the rain @45 F and I was dry and warm. Darien jacket/pants, bmw boots, leather gloves. It’s not a Goldwing, but far better and smoother than most bikes I’ve had.
Uggg that's a long ride in miserable conditions. I'd rather ride at zero degrees and dry than in under 50 degrees and raining.

I am thinking about upgrading to a taller windscreen. My 2012 NC700X currently has the small factory one. I am looking at the Puig Light Smoke 5992H. I found it for $107 shipped. Any opinions good or bad. Any suggestions on a better windshield? Thanks, Jay
I have added the taller Puig windshield to my 2020 NC750X. I was still getting helmet buffeting and added the Puig wing to the top of the shield and that eliminated the buffeting. I've also used the MRA model wing on other bikes and it has also worked well. They are pricey, but effective. I am 6'2'' with a 32 inch inseam.

I just put on the Puig with Visor and took it for a ride. 6 02, 34" inseam. It really protects your body well. Fiddling with the visor I was able to get it to just skim the top of my helmet. I'm sure there are better and worse options, but it works for me it seems. It was a 20-mile test up to 80MPH. I kind of like the way it looks too.

I just got back from a fishing trip in Tennessee today and the windscreen was delivered while I was gone. Being Easter Sunday with the Grandkids, I will not get to test it for a few days since we have rain coming the next several days. I am 5'10" with 30" inseam, so hopefully just the windscreen will suffice as I didn't get the visor. I will report back once I get it installed and tested. I like the look of it as well compared to most windscreens I have seen.

I just got back from a fishing trip in Tennessee today and the windscreen was delivered while I was gone. Being Easter Sunday with the Grandkids, I will not get to test it for a few days since we have rain coming the next several days. I am 5'10" with 30" inseam, so hopefully just the windscreen will suffice as I didn't get the visor. I will report back once I get it installed and tested. I like the look of it as well compared to most windscreens I have seen.
So any update on how you like the screen?

Yes, I finally got some time to ride the bike. I rode it to work yesterday and rode Sunday as well. The Puig 5992H works for me. I am 5'10" and have a 30" inseam, so I guess it really depends on your height. The wind goes right over the top of my helmet and it was hitting me in the chest before with the stock windsceen. I think it looks great on the bike.

Thanks for the update. For the cost I may try one myself. I have the taller optional oem Honda one now and it’s ok but noisy in my helmet. Wind noise is an issue and it’s not the helmet. Thanks again.

Do you have Barkbusters on your bike?

I do not have bark busters. I don't plan on taking it offroad but I can see where that would help with the wind.
Just make sure they won’t interfere at full lock. That’s the issue I’m having with finding a good windscreen

I have read that others had issues with the Puig windscreen hitting the mirrors at full lock, but mine has about a inch clearance both sides. Bark busters could very well hit it.

Try calsci.com I like these the best. Buy the tallest one & cut to suit.

Back