• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Pulled the trigger on LED lights.

RubyRider

Reaction score
Visit site
Since I am going to be replacing one of my turn signals due to a careless coworker, I figured now would be the perfect time to get LED lights, since the spot to replace the Relay is in the same area as where I am going to be. I decided not to go all the way and replace my headlight since I have no issue with it, perhaps when it burns out. I purchased some switch back LEDs and clear lenses for the front. Is there any extra wiring I need to do to get the full functionality of the switchbacks? I also purchased some red running lights for the rear. Are the rear turn signals lights running lights already, or is this a wasted purchase?

Might want to check your states requirements for color regarding turn signals , running lights etc. It could get expensive and time consuming if you get the "wrong" DPS officer.

Reactions: MZ5
Is there any extra wiring I need to do to get the full functionality of the switchbacks?
No extra wiring. The running and turn signals are separate circuits. If they run amber and blink white, just flip them around and install the other way.

To avoid hyper-flashing, you need to either use load resistors (not recommended - they get hot and waste power), or get an LED flasher relay. This is the relay I installed. Works great, just plug-and-play: https://www.ebay.com/itm/172674353676

The only downside is that you lose the feature of the OEM relay where the 4-way flashers will stay blinking after you turn the ignition switch off. If you were aware that is a thing; I think many people are not.

Since I am going to be replacing one of my turn signals due to a careless coworker, I figured now would be the perfect time to get LED lights, since the spot to replace the Relay is in the same area as where I am going to be. I decided not to go all the way and replace my headlight since I have no issue with it, perhaps when it burns out. I purchased some switch back LEDs and clear lenses for the front. Is there any extra wiring I need to do to get the full functionality of the switchbacks? I also purchased some red running lights for the rear. Are the rear turn signals lights running lights already, or is this a wasted purchase?
The signal stalks on the rear of a US model NC do not operate as running or tail lights.

Back