• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need Help Question on Wiring in Electrical Accessories

Trig

Reaction score
Visit site
Good afternoon everyone, electrical wiring novice here

I'm in the process of adding on some heated grips and a power socket to my 700x. I am also wiring in a Rowe Electronics PDM 60 power distributor to keep the accessories from draining the battery.
Initially I was looking through the forums to find a 'trigger wire' that comes on with the ignition to wire up to the PDM, but after doing some research I've been hearing about using the OEM sub-harness for accessories.
I haven't seen much as to how exactly this sub harness works. Is it being tapped for a trigger wire or are people running non-OEM accessories off of this harness?
Any feedback on how to best wire up the accessories would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

What model year is your bike? The accessory harnes has changed a little over different years. Basically it supplies 7.5 amps of fused, switched power spread over several circuits A Honda supplied relay added to the fuse panel applies power to the harness outputs when the key is on.

Honda intends for some of their accessories to run off this harness. If you expect to add a lot of accessories, i think a Fuzeblock or PDM 60 is still a good idea. The Honda harness alone would be somewhat limited in total power output, being that it can only supply 7.5 amps. You could use both, using one accessory harness output for a trigger wire.

My memory is fuzzy, but I believe on my 2012 NC700X, I do have the Honda accessory harness, and it runs Oxford heated grips, a power socket on the handlebars, and auxillarly LED lighting through a Skene controller - all aftermarket stuff. Those items work fine with the 7.5 amp limit. I have no genuine Honda electrical accessories.

Last edited:
On my 2015 NC750X Canadian model, once I added the Honda Accessories 7.5A Fuse/Relay kit, I had 2 options (connectors) where to tap in 12V current;

1. 6P connector at the bottom left (outside) of the frunk, hidden by some body panels. This connector is present on most of NC models. It supplies switched and live (battery) 12V.

1588549068589.png

2. 2P "Mistery Connector" inside left of the fairing located close to the mounting bolt of the left blinker providing switched 12V. This option is present on some NC700/750 models.

1588549467288.png

I've got a 2014 manual transmission. Thinking I might just find a harness for the bike and return the PDM to save some money. I was gonna run the same things (grips, socket, and lights). If the OEM harness can handle that it should be enough for my purposes, plus I don't have to go snipping any wires. My main concern was not draining the battery but if it's all switched power I'll meet that goal. Thanks!

I've got a 2014 manual transmission. Thinking I might just find a harness for the bike and return the PDM to save some money. I was gonna run the same things (grips, socket, and lights). If the OEM harness can handle that it should be enough for my purposes, plus I don't have to go snipping any wires. My main concern was not draining the battery but if it's all switched power I'll meet that goal. Thanks!
I just installed the sub harness and relay kit in an effort to add my Apollo heated grips and a USB charger with Volt meter.
When I actually ordered the sub harness, I was sent the wrong part. When I spoke with the representative about receiving the wrong part, they assured me that it was a Honda OEM approved replacement and would absolutely do the trick ... it did not. They then sent me a replacement subharness with another part number, but it was the exact same part and also did not work, at that point I had to do a little bit of modifying to make things work.
Some details on my modifications along with some knowledge shared by others exist in the following the thread. Be aware that initially there was some confusion because I had posted in a sub forum on 750's instead of the 700 like you and I own. That being said, I drive a manual 2015 which I believe is the exact same bike as yours.
I cut the leads on the USB socket that were supposed to go straight to the battery terminals and instead ran them to the sub harness. This involved ordering some additional parts which cost me less than $5, but It was a very clean install and switched power and I'm glad I did it.
If you have any Questions that I might be able to help with, feel free to ask as I just finished the project and I'm super happy with how it turned out.

When I looked up accessory parts for a 2014 NC700X, it lists the relay kit as 08A70-MGS-A30, and the accessory subharness as 08A71-MGS-A30. You would need both. Verify that yourself, but thats what I saw.

In this pdf linked below, ignore the part about the power socket installation, but the document also shows how the harness and relay are installed.

After buying both relay and harness I suggest you just buy the relay and add your own connectors. The harness just breaks the 6 pin plug into 3 3 pin connectors. See here for some info:

What model year is your bike? The accessory harness has changed a little over different years. Basically it supplies 7.5 amps of fused, switched power spread over several circuits A Honda supplied relay added to the fuse panel applies power to the harness outputs when the key is on.

Honda intends for some of their accessories to run off this harness. If you expect to add a lot of accessories, i think a Fuzeblock or PDM 60 is still a good idea. The Honda harness alone would be somewhat limited in total power output, being that it can only supply 7.5 amps. You could use both, using one accessory harness output for a trigger wire.

My memory is fuzzy, but I believe on my 2012 NC700X, I do have the Honda accessory harness, and it runs Oxford heated grips, a power socket on the handlebars, and auxillarly LED lighting through a Skene controller - all aftermarket stuff. Those items work fine with the 7.5 amp limit. I have no genuine Honda electrical accessories.
This is exactly what I'm trying to accomplish but didn't quite know how to say it. I have a 2021 NC750XD and I need a clean 12v circuit for a trigger and want this to go live with the ignition on. I don't need anything but that. Is there a harness or connector for an existing plug?

Are either of these an accessory port. 2106 NC750XD? Located under left body panel.

Attachments

• 20220720_201609.jpg
    20220720_201609.jpg
    850.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 20220720_201444.jpg
    20220720_201444.jpg
    890.2 KB · Views: 18
Just get the Healtech Thubderbox--hook to battery and then plug your stuff in--lights -heated grips etc--when bike is running it is powered when bike is shut of it shuts off--it is a little spendy but no searching for parts or tapping wires--takes 10 minutes to install

YES. That is exactly what I need - a smart relay direct from battery and can be moved to next bike.

There are two kits available depending on amount of accessories mounted, I have the smaller kit for four , it powers Spot lights, heated grips and bikecam with one spare for another toy. No longer hunting amongst the spaghetti wires or fear of flat battery. Defo easiest way.

Back