• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question re Honda OEM Sidecases

Lord la la

Reaction score
My Heart is in Modesto, but my *** is in Pacific P
Visit site
I'll be selling my Honda OEM sidecases, but I'm unsure what else the buyer will be needing to properly mount them.

Obviously, the bags, upper and lower mounting brackets, and the rear grab rail.

But will the buyer also need my rear plastic side panels?

I'll be posting these up in the "For Sale" section as soon as I can make an informed decision...

I bought my oem luggage used and the seller and I agreed that I would cut my tail section so he didn't have to send me his. You could swap with the person if you trust them but I don't think the cuts stand out if the luggage isn't on. Other than that just make sure all the hardware is there. Motoswami sent mine with each bolt and washer in its proper hole and masking tape wrapped around holding it in so there was zero guessing on where they went, I was very grateful for that.

If he has a 2012 he will have to cut channels out of the plastic to make room for the mounting brackets. You have a 2013 so yours didn't require cutting. It depends on who buys it but you wouldn't need to give them your plastics. If they have a 2012 they should be prepared to do some cutting.

I am interested in buying them. I already have the rack and topcase.

You will still need the mounting brackets for the side cases. Mounting them will entail taking the existing rack loose so you can get the screws fitted for the side case brackets. Not that difficult, just a nuisance.

You will still need the mounting brackets for the side cases. Mounting them will entail taking the existing rack loose so you can get the screws fitted for the side case brackets. Not that difficult, just a nuisance.

Danrev... Are these the brackets of which you speak?

0EB9E422-195C-4CA9-92A9-9070E01A4BCE-249-0000001392FB7F58_zpsab27533a.jpg

Ridealot... Will PM you soon!

Danrev... Are these the brackets of which you speak?

0EB9E422-195C-4CA9-92A9-9070E01A4BCE-249-0000001392FB7F58_zpsab27533a.jpg

Ridealot... Will PM you soon!

Yes, those are the ones. It is the one with the hanger loop for the side case that is a bugger to get on if the rack for the Top Case is already installed. Not impossible, but you will need to loosen the rack up quite a bit to get the nuts on the two bolts that come through the mount. And when you do start loosening things be careful because there are little things (washers, spacers, etc.) that can fall down in the plastics. I didn't want to take all the plastic pieces off, and I only had one washer fall down that I couldn't retrieve. It's probably out on the highway somewhere by now.

Back