• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Questions from a Yank for those across the Pond.

docb91b

Reaction score
Visit site
Howdy all,
I have a questions for our European members. I heard that Cruiser style bikes aren't popular in Europe. Is this true or untrue? Just curious, because they seem to take the lion share of the consumer marketplace in the US.

D

Judging by the bikes I saw yesterday on a run out to Evian there's a fair proportion of cruisers over here too. Maybe as many as 30% or 40% of the bikes I passed were cruisers. The percentage does seem to drop a bit on the mountain roads.

If it's got two wheels and a motor, that's good folks transportation. Harley's don't bite, they just make that funny sound.9.jpg

SmileyGassy.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I too have no problems with Harleys,,,, Cruisers are not as popular in the UK,,maybe less then 20%....it was all race reps until a few years ago,,now its adventure...As for Tats ,I cannot stand them myself,but each to there own....

I think in the US the cruiser type percentage is well above 50%, so there is a huge difference, but I think maybe it used to be more. I think in the US the adventure and sport touring are gaining a little ground finally and maybe in Europe, cruiser style is gaining a little.

It's been my personal belief that in Europe motorcycles are bought more for functionality and practical use while in the states it's more of personal image thing.

The guy who buys a 1800cc cruiser is not worried about ease of commute or fuel economy. The average size bike is also a huge difference in the US for the same reasons mentioned above.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:
IMHO, there are European cruisers, but the percentage is significatively lower than in the states.

When I live in Italy most of what I saw on the Autostrade or Autobahn in Germany were more of a sport touring bike. Almost Cafe looking. With huge back tires. I had my Trans Am over there. If I was driving in the left lane a 100MPH and they would flash there lights at me. Before I knew it they were on my tail. Ten seconds later I could barely see them. I really never saw anyting like a Harley or Goldwing. Granted I was there from 1990 - 1994.

Back