• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Quicker turn throttle with heated grips

Junkie

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry for all the questions, but I tried searching for this with no luck.

I have the Honda heated grips on my NC.

I'd like to shorten the throttle throw. It's awfully long given the amount of power the bike has.

Is there any easy way to do that? I know some people (on other bikes) have glued a piece of plastic onto the throttle cam to shorten the throw. I'm happy to spend a few bucks if there's something easy that works with the grips, rather than doing a somewhat questionable mod like that.

It appears there are various quicker turn throttle setups available for the NC, including G2.

Can anyone confirm that the OEM heated grips go on an OEM tube? I'm wondering how hard it'll be to get the throttle side off.

I'd rather not have an aluminum tube under the heated grip but that appears to be my only real option.

I don't know about the Honda grips because my left is hotter than the right. But other brands that I've installed had clearly marked left and right because the right runs hotter because of the throttle tube.

I use a throttle rocker and it seems to help with the twist feeling.

All of this is very subjective. YMMV.

I don't know about the Honda grips because my left is hotter than the right. But other brands that I've installed had clearly marked left and right because the right runs hotter because of the throttle tube.

There’s not much point in marking most motorcycle grips left and right, since they have different internal diameters and would be nearly impossible to install on the wrong sides.

Back