• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Quiet OEM Muffler vs. Aftermarket

I've one of these coming in a few days. I hate loud exhausts but the original on the NC700X is just too quiet and car drivers don't hear it. I'm hoping this won't be obnoxious but for the price it was worth a punt - it doesn't get much cheaper than this ($50 delivered for long version).

Link pipe is another $18 ish.

I've one of these coming in a few days. I hate loud exhausts but the original on the NC700X is just too quiet and car drivers don't hear it. I'm hoping this won't be obnoxious but for the price it was worth a punt - it doesn't get much cheaper than this ($50 delivered for long version).

Link pipe is another $18 ish.
It looks like a poorer quality Delkevic.
Looking forward to your review.

I have been contemplating a change on my 2012 700X back to the OEM muffler. I bought this bike barely used, with a 2 Brothers Racing slip-on muffler. I am OK with the sound, but would actually like this bike to be my "quiet" one, as I have others that satisfy in the "growl" department. From what I have read here and managed to hear (sort of) on You Tube, the earlier mufflers are very quiet. I hate to pay $350 + for a NOS/OEM muffler, but would really like to give one a try. Does anyone out there have one they have removed and would like to swap or sell for a reasonable price (in good condition)? Can anyone who has made the mod back to OEM comment on the comparative loudness and their satisfaction level? Thanks! Sorry in advance if I posted this in the wrong place. I am still learning about this forum stuff. I have other OEM parts I can swap for one also - seat, windscreen, and a few others.
My two favorite exhausts are Mivv(on Yamaha FZ1), and Danmoto(on an earlier NC700x). Mivv sounded great but not too loud, the Danmoto made the earlier NC sound like a Ducati according to my best friend and riding buddy. Mivv is more expensive than the Danmoto. Undecided at this point if I will make a change.

I just sold a Vstrom that came with 2Bros aftermarket cans on it--it was annoyingly loud--if the end cap is removable you can make a db killer with a stainless tub strainer --just drill out the holes a bit --worked like a charm on the Big Strom---home depot is your friend -they are under $10--it was still a bit louder than stock but not obnoxious

You guys ever know ice the inverse ratio between noise and speed? My old FJR was seriously fast, as was my Ducati SS. Neighbors Very Loud ”American bike” was a slug

I too like a quiet bike and can’t stand loud obnoxious bikes and cars. Despite that sentiment a couple hundred miles ago I installed the Leo Vince carbon silencer that came with my 2013. Mostly out of curiosity. It was on the bike when I test rode it and I liked the carbon look compared to my previous NCs with stock exhausts but by the time I made up my mind to buy the bike the seller had put the stock can back on. The Leo Vince is barely louder than stock but has a bit throatier tone under hard acceleration which I rarely do so there’s not much difference in reality. I control the sound volume with my right hand and that hasn’t changed. Like with the stock exhaust I still can’t hear exhaust noise when cruising 45 mph or more. It’s a visual farkle at this point and I like it.

I put a Delkevic on my VFR and run it with the DB killer out. I am not sure it is any “louder”….just deeper now. More bass. Grumbles and spits a bit now under engine braking. I love it! The V4 now sounds like a Multistrada.

Life is full of choices…..

3A59B390-560F-4719-9A68-4348DFE25CC9.jpeg

I put a Delkevic on my VFR and run it with the DB killer out. I am not sure it is any “louder”….just deeper now. More bass. Grumbles and spits a bit now under engine braking. I love it! The V4 now sounds like a Multistrada.
Gotta' love what Dekevic does, especially for the price.
I think my NC sounds like a "real" motorcycle now, rather than a sewing machine LOL.

1st pic: looking right in; no baffle in there
2nd pic: check the robotic welding, can't beat that
3rd pic: high quality stainless hardware

All for $180, bought direct from Delkevic USA, company based in England, manufactured in China

Sound clip found on youtube (not mine):

DSC00308.JPG
DSC00310.JPGDSC00311.JPG

Last edited:
Gotta' love what Dekevic does, especially for the price.
I think my NC sounds like a "real" motorcycle now, rather than a sewing machine LOL.

1st pic: looking right in; no baffle in there
2nd pic: check the robotic welding, can't beat that
3rd pic: high quality stainless hardware

All for $180, bought direct from Delkevic USA, company based in England, manufactured in China

Sound clip found on youtube (not mine):

View attachment 46376
View attachment 46377View attachment 46378
Can you cut the bolts down, rotate those clamps, and improve the looks?

2014 CTX (round muffler) was quieter, throaty sound on deceleration.
Running it hard in the mountains made it a somewhat louder. Guess it
burned and melted some innards.
2021 NC750X is definitely louder especially on deceleration. Sport Mode
on engine braking being the loudest. Its still fine for all day riding.

2014 CTX (round muffler) was quieter, throaty sound on deceleration.
Running it hard in the mountains made it a somewhat louder. Guess it
burned and melted some innards.
2021 NC750X is definitely louder especially on deceleration. Sport Mode
on engine braking being the loudest. Its still fine for all day riding.
I prefer quiet pipes for several reasons: They're more relaxing. Other drivers on the road aren't out to kill you because they're annoyed. Train engineers say the best way to get deer in front of the train is to blow the horn!, Some neighborhoods in the mountains are extremely small and quiet, and any noise wakes people up. Lastly, occasionally, I like to ride stealth for certain reasons, even to the point of taping that small 2 foot length of exhaust pipe, and adding fiberglass between the muffler and heat guard for that tiny bit of silencing. As a side note, I've also put a double pole/throw switch on both lighting circuits so all lighting, including the display can be turned off. And the ECU does NOT like it when I use that switch. lol

Reactions: MZ5
I know there have been a lot of posts on exhausts on the forum, but none of them seem to match my question, so here I go…
I would like to replace my stock muffler with a cheap, easy to install bolt on muffler.
I will keep the original, but I would like a bit more growl to my sewing machine sound…
I do not want to sound like a dirt bike, just a bit more oomph.
Any suggestions?

I know there have been a lot of posts on exhausts on the forum, but none of them seem to match my question, so here I go…
I would like to replace my stock muffler with a cheap, easy to install bolt on muffler.
I will keep the original, but I would like a bit more growl to my sewing machine sound…
I do not want to sound like a dirt bike, just a bit more oomph.
Any suggestions?
I got a LeoVince slip-on from a forum member and I LOVE the new sound. It's not much louder than stock (I left the db killer in) but sounds deep and throaty. it was about a five minute install. I've seen a number of YouTube videos for the NC and CTX with the shorty pipe you can buy on eBay very cheap, and it actually doesn't sound too loud, either, although I'm sure it's just pipe, no baffles. But the LeoVince looks great and sounds awesome if you can spend a little extra over the shorty. I actually like the look and sound of the shorty.

Lol Edit: spellcheck changed “db killer” to “DJ killer.” No DJs we’re hurt in the making of this mod.

Last edited:
I got a LeoVince slip-on from a forum member and I LOVE the new sound. It's not much louder than stock (I left the DJ killer in) but sounds deep and throaty. it was about a five minute install. I've seen a number of YouTube videos for the NC and CTX with the shorty pipe you can buy on eBay very cheap, and it actually doesn't sound too loud, either, although I'm sure it's just pipe, no baffles. But the LeoVince looks great and sounds awesome if you can spend a little extra over the shorty. I actually like the look and sound of the shorty.
Thanks that helps. Anyone else? Something really bargain priced?
If Mid $200’s is the lowest I can go, so be it
But…….

Back