• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rain gear during stop—What do you do?

TXBootScoot

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all! Rainy day here in DFW. Phone said I would have a short window with no rain (it lied). Got drenched on a drive up to Frisco for a meeting. Luckily, had some rain gear and I pulled over and put on the rain jacket at least. During the meeting I covered the bike with a rain cover and didn’t quite know what to do with the wet rain jacket... I just emptied the top case and stuck it in there wet, but all alone. Then, I rain from one meeting to another and found myself with a wet bike cover during the ride... stuck that in the same wet top case (So glad I have a Frunk for everything else). Then, the wet rain jacket went back in the top case.

Long story short—It was one of my first times caught in a major rainstorm where I wasn’t headed home right away. What do you all do with your wet rain jacket and/or rain cover in these situations? Thanks!

Hey all! Rainy day here in DFW. Phone said I would have a short window with no rain (it lied). Got drenched on a drive up to Frisco for a meeting. Luckily, had some rain gear and I pulled over and put on the rain jacket at least. During the meeting I covered the bike with a rain cover and didn’t quite know what to do with the wet rain jacket... I just emptied the top case and stuck it in there wet, but all alone. Then, I rain from one meeting to another and found myself with a wet bike cover during the ride... stuck that in the same wet top case (So glad I have a Frunk for everything else). Then, the wet rain jacket went back in the top case.

Long story short—It was one of my first times caught in a major rainstorm where I wasn’t headed home right away. What do you all do with your wet rain jacket and/or rain cover in these situations? Thanks!
Honestly I just keep riding in the wet stuff and then the wind dries it out

Hang the jacket on the handlebar before You put the bike cover on. The trapped warm air off the engine should help dry it a bit while it can still drip on the ground.

Wear the jacket in and hang it up. My bike cover has a zipper bag it fits into but I usually don’t carry it unless on a trip. Bikes are built to handle being rained on.

Great idea @Griff -- That would have solved my problem while in the meeting. Then the plastic bag would have solved my rain cover during the ride home issue. @dduelin I agree, a bike getting wet isn't a problem... except I forgot my rain pants and didn't want to sit in water--so I did use the rain cover. Ha.

I live in San Diego and it doesn't rain anymore. But I grew up in CT and you should have rain pants (legs wide enough to fit over your shoes/boots. I just wore a yellow rain jack over my leather full time because on any given day there could be a 40% chance of rain.

Back