• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Random thoughts / pics thread

Also, it’s such a minor thing but I sure love having the turn signals shut off automatically after a couple hundred feet. No more realizing that I’ve had them flashing for the past five miles and everyone correctly thinking what a doofus I am. :p

I sure hope BMW did a better job on the self canceling signals than Honda did. I have then on my Goldwing and I just hate them. After signaling, but just before I’m about to turn, they shut off. Then I’m making a turn without a signal on. As a result, I have to hit the signal button multiple times before the turn to ensure they won’t shut off prematurely.

I sure hope BMW did a better job on the self canceling signals than Honda did. I have then on my Goldwing and I just hate them. After signaling, but just before I’m about to turn, they shut off. Then I’m making a turn without a signal on. As a result, I have to hit the signal button multiple times before the turn to ensure they won’t shut off prematurely.
It’s not timed, nor tied to turning the handlebars. I have to travel a couple hundred feet before they cancel.

Edit: if I RTFM it becomes clearer.

“After driving for approx. ten seconds or covering a distance of approx. 980 feet (300 m), the turn indicators are automatically turned off.”

Last edited:

Hmm, the ones on my Nomad (2006 model) cancel pretty good on their own. Every now and then they won't cancel if it's only a slight turn, but work pretty good for the most part. I always wondered how they knew to cancel, gyrometer or what? Never looked into what controls the cancelling.

Here is your random thought for the day. I was recently watching a review on the 2019 Honda CB500x Rally and noticed that it has a 19" mag wheel up front. Hmmm i thought to myself, i wonder if it would interchange to our beloved NC's....? :{)

Here is your random thought for the day. I was recently watching a review on the 2019 Honda CB500x Rally and noticed that it has a 19" mag wheel up front. Hmmm i thought to myself, i wonder if it would interchange to our beloved NC's....? :{)

Although not specifically a CB500X wheel, several past threads dealt with the attempts or suggestions to put a 19 on the NC700X. You can Google them, but here are some:
19" front wheel ??.
Prototpe NC750X with a 19 Inch Front Wheel

Last edited:
Appliance troubles are never fun. Especially when they cost you money. And they always seem to occur at the worst times, to me anyways. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think I have this one beat. Did some research and paid a guy to come and give me advice that didn't work. Installed an unnecessary part to get to this point. Should have kept researching and stuck with my gut on this one.

I think I have this one beat. Did some research and paid a guy to come and give me advice that didn't work. Installed an unnecessary part to get to this point. Should have kept researching and stuck with my gut on this one.
With refrigerators it's usually the thermostat or defrost timer (two parts that are usually pretty cheap) anything other then that usually costs more then replacement anyway

I wasted time and money trying to fix a washer myself one time, ended up being the transmission (had to take it to repair shop). I hate working on appliances.

I also hate that you have to darn near remove the whole bumper cover and the headlight assembly just to change a bulb on this Malibu....got pulled over the other night after work, figured I better get it fixed.

c60bd2b0b407f829d124018efaf05020.jpg

Also...damn fine weather out today on my run to Walmart for headlight bulbs.

2482d10dbba8ba7fba23c8b97a9215be.jpg

And.....We have had a ride planned to Lynchburg, TN for the annual Jack Daniel's world championship BBQ Cookoff. We try to ride up there every year. Been going well over 10 years. Great BBQ, tons of motorcycles there, awesome scenic curvy roads on the way up.

Well somehow it's managed to rain every weekend of this event for the last 4 or 5 years straight. This weekend is no different. Widespread rain and thunderstorms forecasted. Looks like we won't be making it. I don't care to get rained on while I'm riding, but I'm not gonna start out in the rain and ride in it all day. Burns me up though, mother nature sucks.

Also...damn fine weather out today on my run to Walmart for headlight bulbs.

2482d10dbba8ba7fba23c8b97a9215be.jpg

And.....We have had a ride planned to Lynchburg, TN for the annual Jack Daniel's world championship BBQ Cookoff. We try to ride up there every year. Been going well over 10 years. Great BBQ, tons of motorcycles there, awesome scenic curvy roads on the way up.

Well somehow it's managed to rain every weekend of this event for the last 4 or 5 years straight. This weekend is no different. Widespread rain and thunderstorms forecasted. Looks like we won't be making it. I don't care to get rained on while I'm riding, but I'm not gonna start out in the rain and ride in it all day. Burns me up though, mother nature sucks.

And what part of England would you be in today...?:p

Never mind, i think I spotted the other lanes... you had me worried there...:rolleyes:

I was distracted by all that shiny chrome stuff... (I like it)

Last edited:
And what part of England would you be in today...?:p

Never mind, i think I spotted the other lanes... you had me worried there...:rolleyes:

I was distracted by all that shiny chrome stuff... (I like it)

LOL yeah divided 4 lane. And I'm not huge on chrome, but I just dig the overall looks of that bike. It's a keeper. Had it longer than just about any bike I've ever owned.

Man it was so nice out. If I had more vacation time left I would have taken off work today......and finished working on things around the house that need done. Ha, you thought I was gonna say ride all day. Yeah, that would be nice. Lol. I'm way behind on stuff that needs done. Nomad needs new clutch spring and tires, truck has major oil leak that needs fixed. Still aint adjusted valves or done coolant change, car needs front end alignment and tires rotated, truck also needs tires rotated and at least 2 tires rebalanced. Wife's car needs a new front right strut. It's all piling up on me.....I don't like it.

I wasted time and money trying to fix a washer myself one time, ended up being the transmission (had to take it to repair shop). I hate working on appliances.

I also hate that you have to darn near remove the whole bumper cover and the headlight assembly just to change a bulb on this Malibu....got pulled over the other night after work, figured I better get it fixed.

c60bd2b0b407f829d124018efaf05020.jpg

Not sure about Malibu's but lots of newer vehicles make changing the bulb much harder then it should be, you couldn't just remove the inner fender (from the outside, by the wheel) to get to the back of the light housing?

This was first time I've had to change one in it, didn't even bother trying to figure it out myself, went straight to YouTube and this seemed to be the way. It wasn't difficult, just annoying not being able to change it in 5 minutes like most ever other vehicle I've owned in the past. Lol.

It actually would have went quicker, but I'm pretty sure this car has been wrecked in the front and rear before. The rear because paint is fleaking off the bumper and the trunk lid. The front because there were different bolts holding things together that should have been the exact same between the two sides. For example, there was one bolt in the inner fender on each side that helps hold the bumber on. The driver's side had a black 8mm bolt, the passenger side had a silver 10mm bolt. Both sides are supposed to be black 10mm bolts exactly like all the other bolts across the top that hold the bumper on. I grew up with my dad rebuilding wrecked cars for a living, so I knew what was up as soon as I noticed the mismatched bolts. Lol

That's brutal. I had a Mustang that had a thin shim lock that you would pull out to release the full headlight assembly. I thought that was weird at the time as most of my cars prior to that had little pockets in the back that allowed access.

That's brutal. I had a Mustang that had a thin shim lock that you would pull out to release the full headlight assembly. I thought that was weird at the time as most of my cars prior to that had little pockets in the back that allowed access.
My 05 Silverado is kinda like that. Can slide the headlight assembly straight out in a matter of seconds by pulling some locking pins out.

Changed an HID bulb on my wife's 05 Infinity FX35 a couple months ago, tight space, but just reach in from the back and change it.

Had Bradford Pear trees in the past - beautiful but they don’t withstand wind very well at all.

Back