• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Random thoughts / pics thread

Rode the WR again, just having a blast on it – and it stands out with so many tanker bikes blubbering up the road in Glacier NP. Got caught in a fairly long wind/rainstorm later in the day, dramatic especially in the bare high country. But thanks to great rain gear I probably got wetter here at the Weeping Wall...and that brown area in the run-off was slickslickslick like a creekcreekcreek ; }

2020-07-19 12;50;14 by greenboy, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the continuous stream of awesome photos, vicariously enjoying the epic scenery.
Agreed.
I see a majesty in Greenboys landscape that is not visible here in the heartland where corn and beans grow. I’m not complaining about my views, but it’s nice to see mountains and creatures!

Agreed.
I see a majesty in Greenboys landscape that is not visible here in the heartland where corn and beans grow. I’m not complaining about my views, but it’s nice to see mountains and creatures!
Yeah, for what I wanted when I moved here, it's good. It'd take me awhile to hone in on a different photographic bias in another region, but there are people who really do that well. Probably the toughest travel landscape for me is when you are surrounded by so much detailed foliage of similar color in situations where little sky can be shown. There's a lot of that in my area, and though the vibes can be awesome riding through it, I have trouble getting pics of it to convey the feeling.

Hmm. Looks like I can pick ride loops that'll give me either a 75-83F peak, sunny day forecast, or a 89-94F forecast. I think I might go with the hotter one though, and just dump water on the mesh and loose weave underlayer if I find myself so inclined... As I approach 70 I find myself a little shocked I had great times just a few years ago doing more strenuous off-road/dualsport in high 90s and low 100s.

8 {}

Just a few from the other day. In spite of how many people were at the toll gate to Glacier, it was easy to get away just by taking a few short walks, or stopping at places with less obvious interest to the stay-in-the-car herd, maybe meeting a few people of like mind at some.

2020-07-19 11;59;25 by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-07-19 12;07;22 by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-07-19 13;03;12 by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-07-19 13;25;58 by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-07-19 13;47;14 by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-07-19 15;26;00 by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-07-19 16;33;38 by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-07-19 17;57;51 by greenboy, on Flickr

Being a lone rider one can't impart with stills, the flow of negotiating up and down twisties with speed and grace (or relaxed qigong)... the feeling of not letting thinking get in the way and yet having it on tap. Even if you are having one of those 70% days that can be something to remember. But that's something that every recreational rider should be getting for themselves!

Yeah, for what I wanted when I moved here, it's good. It'd take me awhile to hone in on a different photographic bias in another region, but there are people who really do that well. Probably the toughest travel landscape for me is when you are surrounded by so much detailed foliage of similar color in situations where little sky can be shown. There's a lot of that in my area, and though the vibes can be awesome riding through it, I have trouble getting pics of it to convey the feeling.
While I don't have the same photographic skill or familiarity as you do, I've experienced the same feeling when looking for a shot to share.

Sometimes, I'm actually glad that photos won't do the land justice. It's this private thing that can only be sensed, not observed from a preserved angle. It's our secret. It's our home.

Sometimes, I'm actually glad that photos won't do the land justice. It's this private thing that can only be sensed, not observed from a preserved angle. It's our secret. It's our home.
Yeah. Photography and cinema and storytelling should probably go away ; }

Forums too.

I see Greenboy is still posting some phenomenal landscape pics! MAN is it beautiful out there!
I'm addicted ; } ...Weather forecast today was only so-so, but I had a few hours to kill so I rode through Glacier NP again. Turns out they got the sky cover situation about right but I was getting blown all over my lane the entire time. Still –

2020-07-23 17;15;42 by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-07-23 17;13;05 by greenboy, on Flickr

Great pictures, as always. Thanks for sharing. I do notice that a lot of the pictures are not featuring the NC, is that because it cannot go where you want to go? Or is it something else?

Great pictures, as always. Thanks for sharing. I do notice that a lot of the pictures are not featuring the NC, is that because it cannot go where you want to go? Or is it something else?
Sometimes it's because the NC can't go there, other times it's just because while it can go there it takes more time and effort to do so on it, and not as safe for those routes. Other times, and in the case of these most recent pics, it's just because it's fun to ride the WR250R too.

I can appreciate that. I keep trying to convince myself that the VTX and the NC should meet all of my riding needs, but keep coming back to the thought that I could really make good use of a dual sport. Always comes back to having the right tool for the job at hand.

I can appreciate that. I keep trying to convince myself that the VTX and the NC should meet all of my riding needs, but keep coming back to the thought that I could really make good use of a dual sport. Always comes back to having the right tool for the job at hand.
I just got a dualsport (DR-Z400S) this spring and it's a wildly different ride. Much more fun in the dirt. I would even suggest more fun in the garage.

I think three or four bikes is about the optimal number of bikes for the right range of bikes (street <--> dirt) without too much overlap between them and each bike being suited for it's Use-Case.

Damn, this merciless image crunching here makes detail less apparent and darkens what is already pretty damn dark.

Back