• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Random thoughts / pics thread

Head pipe on cruiser cracked once again. Trashing the Vance & Hines and ordering Cobras. Pathetic end result for 4 year old exhaust. Junk. Can buy replacement parts from V&H for $260 or a whole new Cobra full exhaust for $500.

Also flushed what I assume was the original brake fluid from 2006. Reservoirs were filthy. Topped off antifreeze too. Ole gurl been long overdue for some periodic maintenance. I need to change the rear drive oil too.

View attachment 43457View attachment 43458View attachment 43459View attachment 43460View attachment 43461
My Cobra pipes on the VTX looks just like your V&Hs...They sound great when new, but the patch on the patches is leaking by yet again.

Just a thought for both if you. I have done a lot of "Cerakote", ceramic coating in the past. I'm wondering if a ceramic coating on the first few inches would make a difference with the heat cracking the two of you are experiencing.. Or possibly a short section of the exhaust insulation wrap in a color of your choosing. In my experience with Cerakoting parts that get hot, i've not heard back that any have cracked again and man do they look nice.

I ended up ordering a replacement head pipe and found a used Power Commander III USB on ebay for $130. Pretty sure bike is running lean and richening it up with a fuel controller might make it run a little cooler so the head pipe doesn't get scorched like the last one.

Wife and I rode out to Fair Oaks Farm (dairy farm) and stopped at their shop to pick up some cheese.

Got home just before the sun hit the horizon line.

E8571223-8-C36-4-BE3-9966-5-AB48-AC569-D9.jpg

Gotta love the many different kinds of cheese. When Pillion and i were out in Tillamook Oregon earlier this year we stopped in and bought a few different kinds that simply are not available where we live. Now of course you can go on line and get all of them shipped right to your door... i mean just where is the fun in that!? :{)

So here is a random one for you. I was checking out a couple of Luke Combs' music videos on uTube and saw this one. WoW, it is amazing to me this guy even survived let alone walked away. He attributes his survival to ATGATT...

Cleaned up and organized the shop a bit. Weather is perfect for having a beer in my high performance beer drinking shop seats with the shop doors wide open after dark. Also loving this sweet Pyle 500w bluetooth 4 channel head unit. The original head unit that went with those speakers recently crapped out but I loved how the speakers sounded so I bought a decent head unit so I can keep using them. That original Phillips system was a gift to me from my parents when I was a kid, late 90's, it was $400 from Kmart then Lol....it lasted over 20 years before the head unit died, but the speakers are still kicking! Such a full sound.

The NC track bike looks lonely, I guess it is done for the year. I would like to hit one or two more trackdays but don't think I will be able to. Until early Spring....

20201120_145150.jpg

20201120_190440.jpg

20201120_185906.jpg

20201120_164001.jpg

20201120_190440.jpg

20201120_190552.jpg

20201120_190522.jpg

20201120_190639.jpg

Cleaned up and organized the shop a bit. Weather is perfect for having a beer in my high performance beer drinking shop seats with the shop doors wide open after dark. Also loving this sweet Pyle 500w bluetooth 4 channel head unit. The original head unit that went with those speakers recently crapped out but I loved how the speakers sounded so I bought a decent head unit so I can keep using them. That original Phillips system was a gift to me from my parents when I was a kid, late 90's, it was $400 from Kmart then Lol....it lasted over 20 years before the head unit died, but the speakers are still kicking! Such a full sound.

The NC track bike looks lonely, I guess it is done for the year. I would like to hit one or two more trackdays but don't think I will be able to. Until early Spring....

View attachment 43638

View attachment 43641

View attachment 43639

View attachment 43640

View attachment 43641

View attachment 43642

View attachment 43643

View attachment 43644
I DO envy your set-up!

One of these days I'll get motivated to moved all of those cardboard boxes and buy a pool table to put there. I like to keep cardboard on hand to lay on or or prevent spills from getting on the floor when working on things. I really need a pool table in a bad way though!

Took my DRZ out after a final exam to clear my head and see how the barkbusters are working out. I probably should have put the plastic bits on, some wind protection would have been welcome at 38°.

20201210_161203.jpg
It's hard to complain too much when you get to ride in mid December though. I just love motorcycles so much

GH010977_1608592243399.JPG

IMG_20201212_190045.jpg

rsz_image.jpg

I just love motorcycles so much. I wheedled my buddy into exploring a nearby road to see if we could find the rumored trails even though it was only in the mid 40s. We got a late start and had to head back before the sun set on us.

Any day I get to ride is a good day

Back