• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rapid drop in value of NC & CTX.

lootzyan

Reaction score
Visit site
I visited couple of dealerships today and this is what I could see.
(2014 CTX700 prices are even lower).
They said that it is not periodic warehouse cleanup. Just lack of interest.
That's a bad news.
Good news is I can get 2015 CTX700N DCT ABS for $6290.

View attachment 27227

View attachment 27228

Does not suprise me at all. This time of year is when the dealership just ordered next year's inventory. Always best to be the first guy on the block getting rid of last year's inventory, old inventory leaves that way. When there is a facelift in the new model, get rid of the last year's units fast.

Reality, is the older unit is usally almost the same as the previous year's model.

Last edited:
Dealers don't want to hold inventory over the winter because those units continue to cost them money in flooring charges while the likelihood of a sale in Dec-Jan-Feb grows dimmer by the day.

Last edited:
Demand is different everywhere for a variety of reasons and can change rapidly. Those prices are real deals. When I traded my 2012 a year ago I got just under $5000 trade value against a bike that was discounted so my trade value was not inflated.

29% depreciation on my NCX over 29,000 miles and 2 years was very good to me but I hear and see about bikes selling and trading at very low prices in some places.

20% value drop the day the bike rolled out the dealer door is pretty much normal.

One caution.....no stock # on the $4899 bikes..........classic dealer ad where there is no inventory to sell at those discount prices ?????? Obviously the out the door price is the only price that matters.......discounted price but add ons like freight, setup and doc fees are the other things that should make the buyer beware.

When did the NC become a "dual purpose" bike ?

Last edited:
My 2009 BMW F800ST bought new in spring 2010, listed at $12,500.00 for the advertised base model in the literature. Of course a base model is something you would have to actually special order lol, as I've never seen one in a showroom, or met anyone that didn't have a loaded version...

So. $12,500.00 + all the extras + taxes and fees = pretty much exactly $20,000.00 dollars.

At the end of 2012 when I traded it in for my NCX, it Blue booked at about $8,000.00.

Ugh. lol

Haha! $5899, huh? I guess I got hosed. After taxes, fees, extras, gap ins (which I'll never buy from a dealer again), I paid significantly more for my leftover 2012 (in 2014). As a matter of fact, I looked at putting it on the market the other day because my wife and I desperately need a new car and I figured a $6,000 down payment would be a lot nicer than a $2000 one. Turns out I'd have to write a check for $5800 to get the title to the bike. Like Showkey said, out the door price is the only thing that matters. $800 destination fee, $250 docking fee, $450 Tax, $45 Registration fee, $270 Administrative Fee, $600 Gap Insurance, $500 Extended Warranty, etc. Of course some of those numbers may be a bit inaccurate, but the spirit is the same. I wound up, before I knew it, financing nearly 30% more than the sticker on the bike. Don't be fooled by that little sticker price. The dealers will get their money...and yours.

All of that said, I had a wonderful experience with my dealer and have no problem with dealers making money. I just feel a little dirty every time I have to buy a vehicle, because the price you see is never the price you pay.

A few months ago the Russellville, AR dealer was selling manual 2014s for $5500 plus TTL and DCTs for $6000. So if your dealer is tacking on freight, prep, and doc fees it's probably similar or slightly worse, but still reasonable. I ignore dealers that play the freight and prep game.

Of course some of those numbers may be a bit inaccurate, but the spirit is the same. ....Don't be fooled by that little sticker price. The dealers will get their money...and yours...

Just returned from a dealer. They proposed fees adjusted for me are:

Freight - $310
Handling - $195
Tag & ttl service - $69
Temp tag/proc. - $15
Elec tag/ttl fee - $20

Deal!

(you have to talk to them)

I was hunting for an NC big time last week and after contacting/visiting multiple dealers the best price I could find was $5300 and change before tax and title,no other fees. That was for either a black or red 2014. That's a screamin deal IMO.

I try to stop looking at prices of vehicles after a purchase. I always buy at the wrong time and pay more than I should.

Just doing my part to drive the economy!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

I try to stop looking at prices of vehicles after a purchase. I always buy at the wrong time and pay more than I should.

Just doing my part to drive the economy!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Sometimes we have to buy with our hearts, not with our heads as much. I do not regret paying what I did. I got a pretty good deal at that time.

Besides the trade-in value for any 2013 at this moment is about $3,500, MSRP for a DCT in 2013 was $8,499.

Market Value ignorance is bless, even if you know it and choose to ignore it... :eek:

I picked up my new 2014 for $4499 (about $5300 OTD) a few weeks ago. I honestly wasn't even considering an NCX but at that price I had to take a look. I couldn't be happier with my decision.

I picked up my new 2014 for $4499 (about $5300 OTD) a few weeks ago. I honestly wasn't even considering an NCX but at that price I had to take a look. I couldn't be happier with my decision.
None of the dealers here were approaching that kind of price. Probably because the best riding season here in south Florida is now.

Back