• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rapid drop in value of NC & CTX.

I can't count how many times I've seen an ad for a car or bike from a dealership with "guaranteed" prices too good to be true. Once at the dealership it's a different story. There are many tricks to the trade to lure you in with the deal of the century, even supplying you with written quotes that are anything but iron clad. When it come times to sign the contract you'll find reality sets in and the euphoria of the deal quickly dissipates. Like quality carpenters/contractors, you can expect a fair price for fair goods or service, but stealing a bike or car from the stealership ain't gonna happen. Buyer beware, regardless of the ad, a phone call, or preliminary visit with a salesman. If you truly want to get a deal too good to be true, Craigslist is your friend. But then you're dealing with the general public which is another experience entirely.

... but stealing a bike or car from the stealership ain't gonna happen. Buyer beware, regardless of the ad, ...

I just bought 2015 bike for that lowered, advertised price.
I took printouts from two different dealers and went to third dealer, closer to me, and they drop price, without hesitation, to match price from competition. They even lowered dealer's fees.
I spent there over 3 hours waiting for my bike, and not even single customer showed up.

I feel happy for those that got a great deal. I even feel happy for those that, on hind sight, got screwed. Bottom line is you have a motorcycle in the garage. That is priceless !!

I spent there over 3 hours waiting for my bike, and not even single customer showed up.

I think you have your answer right there. Sounds like they'll be out of business soon enough and needed money to at least keep the lights on. There's always a weird exception out there. It's also funny how some states or cities have dramatically different deals/price points. I think median income levels for the geographic area are an indicator.

Anyone thinking of a Japanese motorcycle as an investment (with a few exceptions . . . NR750) is going to be disappointed. They are made to be ridden. Enjoy what you have to ride not what would sit in the garage and appreciate.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I got a leftover 2014 CRF250l, which is a good seller, back in July for basically the same price used ones were selling. $1k less than MSRP is a pretty good discount on a $5k bike. Leftovers is the way to go if you want a new bike or car.

My 2012 was brand new on the floor with 4 miles on odometer in 2014. They had a rebate from Honda that dropped it to $4800.00 when I came in the rebate was over. I know the owner so they split the difference on the new rebate and the old rebate. to get me near the original price I had seen. They have to work with Honda on some of the discounts. Next year the NC700x will be competing with the following: NEW NC700x with some decent upgrades, Africa Twin in the US and the new VFR1200 set up as ADV instead of sport touring. The dealer wants these bikes off the floor now.

Mind you only thing the lower price did for me is justify the immediate farkles that I added in sidebags and well the list goes on. The bike is an awesome bike, note the CTX700 is not showing up for 2016 inventory.

Back