• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rapid Transit Recon Tank Bag

Cyclerosis

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I came close to buying that same bag when I picked up my NC at Shenandoah Honda. It does fit well doesn't it. Wasn't sure yet how much I would use it. Do want a map holder, but maybe not that much storage behind it. Doing the mod for a key to the frunk makes it just as easy to get into for a bottle of water or something.

I wish it was a bit longer... it could be not quite as tall, but longer... then have more suction cups on it to keep it stuck better.

I like the idea.... smileythumbsup.jpg

I wish it was a bit longer... it could be not quite as tall, but longer... then have more suction cups on it to keep it stuck better.

I like the idea.... View attachment 7086

Rapid Transit also has a $14 or $15 suction cup kit to mount any bag. You mentioned longer. There's a longer narrow bag available for the fenders of atv's that 'looks' like it might fit the length of the frunk lid. Shenandoah Honda didn't have any of those or I might have gone that route. Also, there are 4 suction cups holding that bag on the lid. I rode I-81 back home from the dealership and it was very stable at 70 and 75 mph. There is wind protection at frunk lid level.

Last edited:
I was at the Honda dealership on Monday to see if they have the new MSX in yet (they don't) and tried this bag on one of the NCX's they had on the floor. It fit perfectly and believe I'll be going back tomorrow to purchase one. It mounts with suction cups and fits exactly in the painted surfaces of the Frunk lid.
New Rapid Transit Recon Sport Suction Cup Mount Tank Bag Black 12L x 9W x 6H
2.jpg

I like the fact that the bag does sit forward as it does. With other bags that are larger, they hit my stomach. This rubbing gets old on a long trip. Also, this makes it easier getting on and off the bike. I wonder if there a hydration pack that would fit in this bag for desert traveling, and if the suction cups will hold the extra weight of the water.

SmileyBigBigSmile.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I was at the Honda dealership on Monday to see if they have the new MSX in yet (they don't) and tried this bag on one of the NCX's they had on the floor. It fit perfectly and believe I'll be going back tomorrow to purchase one. It mounts with suction cups and fits exactly in the painted surfaces of the Frunk lid.
New Rapid Transit Recon Sport Suction Cup Mount Tank Bag Black 12L x 9W x 6H
9.jpg

There is a hydration (water) pack made for your bag. So, the bag is now on my wish list. Thanks for the information.

smileywaterguy.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
What I really like about this bag is that I can use the frunk to lock my helmet where it is fairly safe and keep other stuff like face shield cleaner and cloths along with gloves and water etc. in the tank bag. I always keep my wallet, and proof of insurance and registration on me. That way if the bag grows a pair of wings while unattended, it won't be quite as devastating. Thanks for sharing this find.
Just the camera angle.

Rapid Transit also has a $14 or $15 suction cup kit to mount any bag. You mentioned longer. There's a longer narrow bag available for the fenders of atv's that 'looks' like it might fit the length of the frunk lid. Shenandoah Honda didn't have any of those or I might have gone that route. Also, there are 4 suction cups holding that bag on the lid. I rode I-81 back home from the dealership and it was very stable at 70 and 75 mph. There is wind protection at frunk lid level.

OK you got my full attention now! I'm off to find that kit!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Found the kit on revzilla for just under $20 with shiping. Order placed ! My camelback has a home now, thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I got the suction cup kit today. With a slight modification I was able to use it with my current tank bag.
It showed up really late so I will do my first ride with it on the way to the horizons unlimited meet tomorrow.
It appears to stick really well. This is probably the solution to mounting a tank bag on the NCX without modifying the lid or compromising the waterproof ability of the frunk.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Saw another suction "sucker" cup tank bag at webbike Japan.
78050.jpg

Sized to hold an I-pad.

As you can see, I used the suction cup kit from rapid transit to attach my Fieldsheer magnetic tank bag to the frunk. It should work to attach any tank bag that has D rings.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377879417521.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377879417521.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 616
  • uploadfromtaptalk1377879459371.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377879459371.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 538
  • uploadfromtaptalk1377879476807.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377879476807.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 577
  • uploadfromtaptalk1377879501147.jpg