• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Re-u-ni-ted and it feeels so goooood!

mpgandfun

Reaction score
Visit site
(A lil' Peaches & Herb for ya) First ride of the year today. After the ride, I wore my ice crampons so I could push my NC up against the slight
incline of pure ice that is currently my driveway. I managed 25 miles before I headed back to get ready for work.
"Work"....the thing I endure so I can support my riding addiction.

first ride.jpg

Glad you could get out and ride. Looks cold! I would be worried about possible icy patches on the road, but maybe these aren't a problem in Michigan.

It great you could finally get out. There is a nice little ledge of snow behind you. Crazy. Hopefully you guys are out of the woods when it comes to that white stuff.

I know probably close to 100% of us would gladly trade it for being able to ride 365 days a year in warm sunshine, but for those who have never experienced that first ride of the new season, with the snow melting in patches all around, and that totally unique, crisp air, sun on wet pavement smell, well...it really is a special occurrence, bordering on heaven.

I ride all year because I don't have a car, but I consider three months of it an exercise in character building.

I just got it out for a brief ride last friday (to go to the grocery store, though mostly it was to ride the motorcycle, we really didn't NEED peanut butter...)

My wife snapped this through the house windows (still fogged up from the cold)

20140314_160851.jpg

More snow coming tonight... :(

I ride all year because I don't have a car, but I consider three months of it an exercise in character building.

I have been in the same boat for a bit now. My jeep is out of commission for a while so I only have my trusty NC.

I'm keeping my riding to daytime/+ 40 degree weather for now. Riding home from 2nd shift this time of year could
get me in trouble with snow melt re-freezing on the road.

I mostly live in Florida and ride the year round, but last year I was in the Four Corners (CO,UT,NM,AZ) area in August. Left home in warm sunshine for a short ride through southern CO with my jacket tied down on the passenger seat. But I forgot how quickly the weather can change in the mountains. Coming over one of the higher passes, I had already put the jacket on when the sky went from clear to black almost instantly with strong gusty winds. temperature dropped 25-30 degrees in an instant and before I knew it I was riding through a hail storm. (imagine trying to ride on little 1/8- 1/4" ball bearings covering the road) I was surprised the hail itself didn't hurt but of course I was going very slowly by that time. I finally gave it up and pulled over, huddled down beside the bike and pulled out the space blanket and draped it over myself and the bike to save some heat. It was all done in probably less than 10 minutes with the sun starting to come out. In less than an hour I was back at lower elevations and riding in my shirt sleeves again. I used to live in Denver years ago and the rule was, even in the summer when you go into the mountains you take blankets, a shovel, and some survival rations and water just in case, since several people perished each year by getting caught out in the back roads somewhere by a quick snow storm.

Last edited:
View attachment 13241

I can not even imagine living in a place where I could not ride year round.

You mean you actually go outside in Texas in the summer time? :) :confused: When I visited there for work in the summer we just ran from the air conditioned car to the air conditioned building. Temperature was 109F.

I get your point, though. Three or four months of the year go to waste up north.

Back