• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ready for an adventure ride-WABDR

rbelisle

Reaction score
Visit site
I am all loaded for a 6 day adventure ride on the WABDR. I have my waterproof gear bag up top full of camping gear, factory side cases with food, water and clothes and a small bag in the frunk for valuables, matches, etc. I also added Heed crash bars, customized bark buster hand guards and a homemade skid plate. I have read a ton of good information and advice on this site and can't wait to post my updates when I get back. I plan to take lots of pics and will share them along with any stories that may be appropriate for sharing. I leave on 9/19/19 so if any of you are on the trail, wave me down.

Attachments

• IMG_5919.jpg
    IMG_5919.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_5849.jpg
    IMG_5849.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 125
Sounds like a lot of fun, hope you have an enjoyable trip! I am not far from a portion of the WaBDR and although i'd happily zip over and ride part of it with you i'll be in Yellowstone with the family during that time. Looking forward to your Ride Report and pictures! :{)

Well. Its a bold challenge for an NC. I took mine to some dirt/gravel/sand trails and didn't really like that experience. Its definitely doable but is quite rough. NC's suspension is a joke and is not suited even for light off road, IMHO. Would be interested to see how your's handled it. I am planning on doing some sections on my Tiger.

eb193a471c8c7c7d1a49f8657608da0c.jpg

Last edited:
Bdr

Not to high-jack the OP's thread....

Hey Desperado, though i do agree with you that the NC is not a YZ250, nor is it even close to a WR250r, I am finding it is quite capable off road. I see you have really good tires on yours(at least the front that i can see that is).

This year i have been riding a lot of Forest Service roads and Dual/Single track trails and have ended up in some pretty wild areas while thinking to myself, "Uhm, ya i should really be on that WR250r about 3 miles ago". I attached a video if you are interested in seeing some of the places i have taken mine. As you can see, i am not easy on it by any means though i do not believe i am abusing it. I am adventurous, but not abusive with it. I have all stock suspension and a pair of Shinko 705's that have been quite adept at getting me into places. :{)

YouTube

Mason Pk with NC.jpg

Mason Pk with NC3.jpg

ColoradoChris has a great video of his on a road very similar with possibly even larger rocks!

...Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

Last edited:
Thanks Afan. Anytime you're out west pm me. We'll get together and make a ride for some PIE(on me) and hit that same trail! I've enjoyed lunch several times at that very spot! :{)

Back