• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Real or Photoshoped? If it isreal, I have something to shoot for now.

mpgandfun

Reaction score
Visit site
Real or Photoshopped? If it is real, I have something to shoot for now.

Been looking at the consistency of the shadows on this pic to find something that throws a red flag.
It might be the real deal. If the owner of this bike is female, I would like to meet her and
immediately propose to her :D.

The tires on the back look a bit phoney. Seems like the sunshine on the front fender
shouldn't be there. The shadows show a sun that is almost directly overhead. A few
shadows don't support that. I'm leaning towards "fake".

sportcamper.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't even want to try that. To top heavy. One gust of wind and your off. Literally.

It's obviously fake. The black and white levels are all over the place. Plus, look at the tank bag and then the bag on the canoe...same exact angle and packed with the same exact gear in the same exact way? Funny idea...not very practical.

it's a fake. The shadow under the canoe is all wrong. plus the 2nd tank bag atop of the canoe is the exact copy of the one on the tank. With so much weight on top, the bike should tip over when sitting on the side stand.

Just looking at the angle of the shadow on the cooler alone is enough to tell you it is fake.

Anyway, I can't believe none of you realized what a totally implausible setup this is. There's NO WAY this would work. Oh, sure, going down the road you're alright. But when you flip the whole thing upside down and put it in a river the weight of the bike would make the canoe capsize.

The smart way to do this would be to put the canoe right side up and store the gear in there.

Faked? No way. It passed me on the interstate the other day. And it was towing an Airstream trailer. :)

The smart thing to do would be to leave the bike at home and bring the suburban.

Bring the suburban, and pull the bike in tow... or maybe next to the canoe on the roof rack (bring a ramp)
:)

Seriously though, I'd love to have a canoe trailer for the NC, also a smaller canoe (solo probably)

Whole contraction should stay fairly narrow (current canoe is almost the same width as the top of my car, and significantly longer than the car)

And while we are at it water proof hard luggage for the NC too....

It'd be great to take the motorcycle up to some of the lakes around here, paddle out to a remote water side campsite for the night, maybe do some fishing for dinner, hang out for a while in the morning before loading up and heading to the next lake...

Even better would be if the trailer could pull the canoe behind the bike, or the bike behind the car... tow bike up to and drop it off down stream, take the car upstream to launch the canoe... paddle down, load back up on the bike, and ride it back up to the car for the trip home....
Of course most of this would be totally impractical.

Last edited:
Bring the suburban, and pull the bike in tow... or maybe next to the canoe on the roof rack (bring a ramp)

Seriously though, I'd love to have a canoe trailer for the NC, also a smaller canoe (solo probably)

Whole contraction should stay fairly narrow (current canoe is almost the same width as the top of my car, and significantly longer than the car)

It'd be great to take the motorcycle up to some of the lakes around here, paddle out to a remote water side campsite for the night, maybe do some fishing for dinner, hang out for a while in the morning before loading up and heading to the next lake...

Even better would be if the trailer could pull the canoe behind the bike, or the bike behind the car... tow bike up to and drop it off down stream, take the car upstream to launch the canoe... paddle down, load back up on the bike, and ride it back up to the car for the trip home....

Google "folding boat".

I need an expert opinion... Something just doesn't quite seem right with this photo, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Could it
be fake? :cool:

levitate-bike.jpg

This is actually a rider from my club -- one of our members who takes photos of the rides did a great job converting the bike to a very special custom model

There's a guy over on ADV that takes a folding Kayak of some sort with him on a small displacement dual sport bike, and has an absolute blast, up in Northern BC via Alberta.

I'm super envious of his awesome sounding trips! :cool:

It may be real and the builder may be awesome but I ask this; What's the point?

That one is real, I have seen multiple pictures from lots of angles, years ago.

See, I may not particularly like or want that exact example, but I "get" it.

This? This I don't get! I totally do not see the point. If I found it in an attic, I would use it for a dart board. Boorish, unsophisticated, uneducated lout that I am. However, I do realize that while I don't see the point, it doesn't mean the creator didn't have a perfectly valid one, or that lots more people than me get it.

I mean, really? lol

picasso-paintings_1333.jpg

Back