• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rear Brake Pad EBC Part Numbers? NC700XA

AdvSplash

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

I just want to ask some of you fellow riders about the rear brake pads you are using in your 700XA.

Currently in mine I have EBC FA174HH although on the EBC website it suggests FA140HH - The FA174HH fit and operate fine.

Does anyone know what the proper part number should be? there is a small difference in size as follows:

FA174HH:
86.3 x 41.4 x 10.2mm

FA140HH:
86 x 40 x 10.2mm

would be good to know if anyone has a confirmed answer,

Many Thanks

Ash

Hi Ash,

I have a '14 XA with anti-lock and coupled brakes and have also been trying to find the correct rear EBC HH pads for it. The '14 EBC catalog online shows FA388HH rear pad set for this bike. They said that this is a "double" set which I assume means that pads for the parking brake are included. I can't find a dealer with this pad set in stock. Maybe another forum member can suggest a dealer.

Rich

Hi Ash,

I have a '14 XA with anti-lock and coupled brakes and have also been trying to find the correct rear EBC HH pads for it. The '14 EBC catalog online shows FA388HH rear pad set for this bike. They said that this is a "double" set which I assume means that pads for the parking brake are included. I can't find a dealer with this pad set in stock. Maybe another forum member can suggest a dealer.

Rich

Rich, just in case you are researching brakes pads not really for your bike based on an alphanumeric mix up- the 2014 XD ABS model America gets, does not have combined brakes. The US never got the XA models, only the X and XD ones. Canada only got the XA version.

Also, as of the 2014 model year, I believe the Linked brake set up was dropped across the entire line of CTX/NC700 and 750 variants. The front caliper only has two pistons, not three.

:)

You are absolutely correct L.B.S. My entire original post is wrong. My bike is a '14 XD with ABS and two piston front caliper. I checked my shop manual, and I don't see any '14 year bikes in this series with combined braking. The part number that I mentioned in my first post (FA388HH) is for the front of a '12-'13 XD.

My question still remains - is the FA174HH the correct EBC replacement rear pad and if so, where can I purchase them?

Thanks for setting me straight L.B.S.

Rich

Hi Rich,

I'm probably just going to buy another set of FA174HH - only because I know that I've used them and that they work.

You mihgt find this link useful :)

Find a Dealer

+ ENjoy the new bike! I've put 27,900 miles on my model year 2012 NC700XA. Love it - Off to the Alps on it again soon!

Cheers

Ash

Back