• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rear cases (trunks) that fit OEM rack?

Desperado

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello ppl,

Tried searching but couldn't to find anything.
What rear cases will fit OEM rear rack? I saw a couple of pics on the Internet but was not able to figure out what cases they had. Not that I am against OEM Honda trunk but is just curious to know the alternatives.

Thanks!

Without some ‘creativity’ no Honda trunks fit on the OEM Honda luggage rack, because there is no luggage rack. The same for the optional Honda rear rack required to mount a Honda trunk. Only the Honda trunk fits it.

The Honda accessory rear rack design doesn’t adapt (without modifications) to any other luggage than the Honda branded case. We presume, based on similarities, that Givi makes the Honda trunk, but the mounting method used is incompatible with “regular” Givi cases.

In markets outside the US, there is sometimes a different Honda case style available. In the States you can get just the one style from Honda.

Last edited:
The Honda OEM accessory rear rack design doesn’t adapt (without modifications) to any other luggage than the Honda branded case. We presume that Givi makes the Honda trunk, but the mounting method used is incompatible with “regular” Givi cases.

In markets outside the US, there is sometimes a different Honda case style available. In the States you can get just the one style.

Yes, that is what I meant. I saw other Honda cases on NC700 and I actually liked their design better than the standard OEM Honda case for NC700.
I guess they have the same mounting tabs. Those cases were made by GIVI I believe but I am not 100% sure.

This is why every rider should have a drill and a set of drill bits in their tool box. A good assortment of fender washers and a tube of Goop distributes the stress. So does high end Baltic Birch plywood.

Get creative, you can mount any trunk if you think it through. My first creative mounting was a set of early sixties H-D Sportster saddle bags to my '76 Honda 750 F. I toured from Nova Scotia to Florida to California and back, never a problem. Build it yourself.

My 2016 factory demo bike came with a unique Honda rear rack. I haven't seen one like it anywhere. But I was able to attach a Givi plate to it and then attach my E370 Monolock to it.
The weight limit on it is absurdly low, 12 pounds or so...
If I were to do it again I'd shop for a bag with a bike-specific rack that holds more weight. Maybe the Monokey?

Attachments

• 20170824_150043.jpg
    20170824_150043.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 139
  • rear carrier1.jpg
    rear carrier1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 137
Back