• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rear Rack Questions

Mainsail

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, the tail piece behind the seat is getting scratched from lashing stuff to the seat (sometimes overhangs and scratches the paint).

I have the Givi side cases already. What I would like is a top case mount like the SW MOTECH one- just a steel or aluminum rack for behind the rear seat.

What are my options?

I understand I can't install the MOTECH parts with the Givi side case racks already there? True or false?

The Givi rear rack is pricey, and only seems to come with the plastic quick-connect rack.

I don't tie stuff down there often enough to justify $300 worth of parts, and I certainly don't want to trial-&-error this.

SW-Motech rack is great. Won’t work with GIVI side racks though.

In this pic, I have the SW alu-rack and. SW side racks. I also have the SW ‘soft luggage adapter plate ‘ mounted to the alu-rack.
There is still a small section of exposed plastic between the seat and the rack (not much). I plan to put some clear contact paper or painter’s masking tape over it to protect the paint if I need to load a duffle bag on the back seat for a trip.

134b9094f1acf0c208b6a75f5da2e2b3.jpg

JT

When I've had to lash a bag across the back, I always apply blue, painter's tape to protect the paint on that tailpiece. It comes off easily and doesn't seem to leave any residue, plus a lot cheaper than $300!.

Yep, $300 is a lot of cash to part with. But since I got the rack, I’ve used it to haul many things that would have been very awkward and borderline unsafe had I not had a rack to tie and support them. With the rack, they were safe and secure.
I love the NC and plan to keep it a long time so I invested in the racks to expand its usefulness.
If you don’t plan to carry things, $300 is a lot to spend for ‘looks’ and is better spent elsewhere.

JT

Back