• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rear Shock

Ride height adjustment (overall shock length) is found on many premium shocks. I would be surprised if the Ohlins aftermarket NC700X shock did not have it but if the price really is about $620 US it may not include it.

for a shock absorber?

Hagon have a shock for the Integra, so an NCX shock won't be far away. Their shocks offer a bit more adjustment and are reasonably priced. Why they've done a shock for the Integra first I don't know, as the Integra has the lowest sales of all 3 NC models.

Hagon have a shock for the Integra, so an NCX shock won't be far away. Their shocks offer a bit more adjustment and are reasonably priced. Why they've done a shock for the Integra first I don't know, as the Integra has the lowest sales of all 3 NC models.

Mebbe they want to try it out on the lower production model to test the
market for the 700s first before they ramp up productions.

ok thanx lee, sorry for the trouble as im frm overseas so basically i order the emulators kit
n fork springs should be ok already correct??

I changed the springs as well, but some here say that they have done well with the stock springs. The stock springs are multi-rate and it makes it more difficult to tune the suspension when you have two sources of progressive force in the system. Racetech tunes the progressive nature of the system with oil level.

Just emailing them to find out! :)

Instructions mentioned cutting the spacer after installing the RT emulators. Anybody knows the outer diameter and length of original spacer and after cutting? Is it tough to cut the spacer as I would imagine it to be made of tough steel to withstand the shocks.

Instructions mentioned cutting the spacer after installing the RT emulators. Anybody knows the outer diameter and length of original spacer and after cutting? Is it tough to cut the spacer as I would imagine it to be made of tough steel to withstand the shocks.

This thread is on rear shocks. Are you talking about the front? If so, I think you will find hacksawing (or replacing) the spacer to be much less of a challenge than drilling out the damper rods. As far as the spacers being tough, lots of people use PVC water pipe to make custom spacers.

This thread is on rear shocks. Are you talking about the front? If so, I think you will find hacksawing (or replacing) the spacer to be much less of a challenge than drilling out the damper rods. As far as the spacers being tough, lots of people use PVC water pipe to make custom spacers.

Yes, asking on the front forks as there are many references to them in this thread :) Thanks for the advice. Can I not cut them?

No specs, You had said you were awaiting the return of your forks and new rear shock. Just wondering if your satisfied, would do it again. Particularly the rear shock.

Yes, you must have missed the ride report. I have about 2500 miles on them now and am completely satisfied. I have had many Ohlins shocks, so it was as expected. Plusher, but still firmer. The front is where I am most happy because the front was so horrible to begin with. The rear was not as bad as a starting point. If I had it to do again I would do exactly the same thing.

Following my trip to Nova Scotia next week where I plan to ride thousands of miles over two weeks, I intend on following in Beemerphiles footsteps or try to find a suitable Sportbike "take-off" rear shock that will work on the NC. The stock rear shock is terribly under-sprung especially if you have lots of luggage or two-up. I'm about 200 pounds geared up and with the Honda luggage setup I can just barely get a good sag setting at full max adjustment. Once I load my bags with stuff I'm way out much less if I carry a passenger.

*** could it actually be continuously bottoming out so badly that I am mistaking it for being way too stiff?

I know this is reviving an old thread, but I thought I'd throw my two bobs in. Not sure about the X model, but this is certainly what's occurring on my S model. At first I thought the forks were way too stiff, but the old zip tie round the fork leg showed it was in fact way too soft, and the jarring I felt on bigger bumps was in fact the forks bottoming.

What is the current consensus on which is the best buy in a replacement rear shock for the Honda Nc700X?
I'm looking for a replacement rear shock that has "easily adjustable" preload and rebound dampening. I would also like a shock that is easy to install, no modifications to the bike or shock to get it fitted, and rebuildable. Do not really want a hard to find a space to mount preload or rebound adjustment remote cylinder. Also do not want to adapt a shock by adding bushing or grinding mounting points to mount. Brand and model would be appreciated.

I have been emailing a suspension tuner here in Australia. He says:

The top end shock is an Ohlins at approx. $900 & the best all round shock is the Hagon $550 approx. The std shock can improved to a very good level but doesn't have rebound adj to trim for load etc. The other two do have reb adj. Stock shock comp. & reb. damping rate change, piston mods $210 (incl. service).

I'm not willing to spend A$900, but was tempted by the Hagon. Upon google searching though, the Hagon shocks seem to be quite poorly built, with many failures. I will be going for the A$210 service/re-valve of the stock shock, along with cartridge emulators for the forks.

Back