• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Removing Fuseblock

rudivb

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Does anybody know how to get the complete fuseblock out? So not just the cover but the whole unit? It seems to have some sort of clips mechanism, I just don't want to force and break things.
It's for the NC700S (but probably same for X) 2012 model and yes I should get the manual, but don't have it yet at the moment.
I want to install a relay, because now my heated grips are direct on the battery which is not ideal, so I thought I'd tap into one of the wires going to the fuseblock.
Or if there is another easily accessible wire that receives power when ignition switch is turned on, please inform me. :)

Thanks for any help

Access to the wires of fuse box is rather difficult.
Here is part of the wiring diagram for the NC700S.
As you can see, fuses 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 are controlled by an ignition switch. You can connect your relay to any of these fuses.
The most common method is to connect the relay to the V/R wire of the 6P connector (OPTION).

diag 1.jpg

6p 1.jpg

6p 2.jpg

If you buy and install Honda’s relay, fuse, and accessory harness kit, assuming they have one for the S, you will have your switched power available at the harness, and you don’t have to disassemble the fuse block. That’s just another way to approach it.

Last edited:
I use a better, for me, alternative to Honda harness. 2 Pin Waterproof Electrical Connector Plug.
There are a lot of them, for example, on Amazon.
I got rid of the original 6P connector.

conn 1.jpg

Attachments

• conn 1.jpg
    conn 1.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 7
Access to the wires of fuse box is rather difficult.
Here is part of the wiring diagram for the NC700S.
As you can see, fuses 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 are controlled by an ignition switch. You can connect your relay to any of these fuses.
The most common method is to connect the relay to the V/R wire of the 6P connector (OPTION).
Thanks lootzyan, you're a great help, much appreciated!

I'm gonna try to find that 6P connector. :)

I use a better, for me, alternative to Honda harness. 2 Pin Waterproof Electrical Connector Plug.
There are a lot of them, for example, on Amazon.
I got rid of the original 6P connector.

View attachment 48327
Thanks I just put some in my shopping cart on Amazon. I've wanted this style of automotive plug for years. The quality and price compared to the junk at the auto store is amazing.

Back