• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Removing Left Side Plastics?

I just got the video edited and posted to youtube. It's kind of long, so part two is what you're looking for if you are looking for the removal of the plastics. I haven't gotten the rest of it up yet. Just wanted to make sure you got what you needed.

I had to split it up to post it, so here is the link to the part with the cowls and such. Sorry it took me so long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeJhJRASV70

Thanks for the video. It should be a sticky!

Thanks. I'll get the others up on here as soon as I get the last part edited. Hope it helps someone out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Will help me for sure, I tried today thinking it must be simple to pop off a side case. Thats what I get for being away from cycles for 20 years. Between video and the instructions for the accessory socket I printed, I feel a lot better about actually being able to install the accessory harness and wire up my new GPS.

Last edited:
The top of the rear cowl does side rearward and slightly up after the two screws are removed. Mine was very difficult the first time.

Waiting for the service manual is the best option, otherwise you take your chances. Even with that you need to bag the hardware for each panel and include written notes or you will likely not get it back together right.

I too am having a REALLY hard time with the top of that rear cowl. I've got the two screws out but that sucker will not slide back. Is there a trick to getting that piece off? In the pictoral images of removing the panels photo 20 shows removing the two screws, in number 21 the cowl is in his hand...what happens in between that doesn't involve breaking that piece of plastic?

Back